2b Plus V's An Exmo

Guest Quarks7

Guest Quarks7

Hi Guys,

Sorry to show my ignorance BUT as I'm considering an Exmo for the Mrs and know nothing about them I need your advice. We currently have a 2B but she's got the idea in her head that she want's her own Hood. :rolleyes:

I know my way around a 2B (Well kinda anyway) but know nothing about the Exmo. So any info you guys could offer will be greatly appreciated.

Also is a well finished Exmo worth the same or less than the equivalent 2B. Just so I don't end up paying too much....... Thanks in advance, Jez :mellow:

Guest docter fox

mechanically they're all pretty much similar, as for what to pay for them, I'd say that depends more on the quality of the build and parts used rather than the model with most of them ;)

Guest Quarks7

Hi Bill,

Thanks mate........When I said I know nothing about Exmo's I didn't mean I thought they were from a different company all together :D :rolleyes: :D

The Exmo is a monocoque, ie it doesn't have a "proper chassis" like the 2B, it has mcPherson struts for front suspension, and the area around the top mounting is prone to cracking up. (there are other links about this) the Exmo isn't as wide as the 2B either, but hasd a better boot space. the scuttle doesn't come off in the exmo either.

Apart from that, it's just down to build quality.

Guest Quarks7

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply mate.

It all sounds a bit inferior to the 2B? Maybe we should just keep an eye out for another 2B for her then? :boohoo:

Guest Quarks7

Hi Gents,

Did anyone see the yellow Exmo on our stand at Stoneleigh? It was parked in front of my 2B (Black with 3 silver stripes on bonnet)

It's the yellow exmo that I (was) interested in buying. The guy want's £3850 which sounds expensive compared to both the 2B's on ebay. I'm no expert but the exmo did look very well nailed together. Does anyone know the car in question?