Exhaust Silencer Guard

Guest tom2b

Guest tom2b

I need an exhaust slencer guard/heatshield for my rh supplied exhaust as there are too many sharp edges on the mounting bracket i had to "modify" to get it to fit.

Does anyone have a suitable item they wish to part with or am i just aswell making one?

OK, it's like mine, sort of.

What you need is a U shaped bit of sheet stainless with one leg longer than the other. Drill a bolt hole in it and attach to the bobbin bolt nearest the body. It should fold over all the boltwork that is giving you problems. Attach edge trim to it, so there are no sharp bits showing.

This is how I sorted mine and it wassed SVA no probs ar comments. Looked a wee bit naff, mind, but the MAC is what you're after.

No, and I have removed the guard, but I still have it. I will take a pic today and post it. If you want it, it's yours, but it may not fit your setup as you seem to have an extra plate between the exhaust and the bobbin. Hang on a mo, I'll get me camera.

The SVA compliant cover is attached to the top outer facing bobbin thread directly under the nut with the bend leading back towards the panel. This means it covers my bracket and all the bolt heads. Note that on mine there's a gap between the bracket and the side panel.

post-18-1148640048.jpg