Think Ive Cracked The Mot After 3 Year Saga

Guest tom2b

Guest tom2b

At my Built up inspection report today the man said i wont need an MOT for 3 years, i explained that there is alot of confusion about this on the forum and i also mentioned i was planning to get an MOT before sva, he thinks that if you get an mot beforehand its stored on the database and will automatically generate the need for another one in a years time, if you dont mot it prior to sva theres no record so you wont need one for three years,

does that make sense?

Guest gordon_macnab

As has been said before is your safety really worth more than £40 quid for an MOT. :unsure:

If your confident of your car then it's just a formallity, if not it may find things you weren't aware off.

Guest tom2b

Thanks for blowingthe theory out fo the water jon!

At the end of the day if you built the car chances are you know it better than the mot inspector will so aslong as you take care of it all should be well

Guest Dan_Beeston

Sorry to slightly hijack the thread, but what's the deal with the built up inspection report?, is that another legal hoop we all have to jump through?

If so, at what stage is it done, where, and by who!?! :huh:

Cheers,

Dan

Guest Battery Bill

Dan

It depends where you are, Your nationality, your age, what time of day the form is filled in, The colour of your car, the weather, or if it clashes with the World Cup :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Its true though its really up to your local DVLA office, we were lucky to have one in Lincoln and they seemed to be pretty good, we registered at the start of our build then got the build up check done the day after SVA at their office including being allowed to drive there (Which does not happen everywhere.)

Tom

I knew before I got to the bottom of this thread someone would have shot your theory down in flames :lol: :lol: Remember there is no logic within the DVLA :D :D

Guest Andy Hamilton

Continuing in the 'hijacked mode' and therefore regarding Built up inspection report for V627/1, For suspension (front and rear) there is only one row. My front is new (RH) and my rear is Ford Sierra, how do I fill this row out? Or more importantly, how have other people filled this out?

Secondly, Where it asks for receipts, is the V5 classed as a receipt for the engine?

what about receipts for the other parts that have no numbers that also came from the donor, i.e. transmission, steering and axles???

Too many questions!

Guest graham dockerill
:huh: Had M.O.T. before S V A just to make sure brakes , lights etc were o.k. Hav'nt needed M. O. T. since (SVA April 2004 will need one April 2007)

Guest chris brown
what about receipts for the other parts that have no numbers that also came from the donor,
Put them all down as coming from the donor. As for the suspension I think I put "front RH & donor, rear donor" (the front uprights are included as part of the suspension)

further to the mot saga

i have been told by oldham that you need a mot before sva...particulary so if you intend to drive there..then mot will be every year.

think all dval are reading from different book

think all dvla are reading from different book

This is the BIG problem, local interpretation of the SVA Regs.

I would love to drive mine to the sva but i am starting to get a bit scared, what if i did have an incident and the insurance, police etc started to ask questions.

Whos got a trailer?

You don't need an MOT or tax to drive to the MOT, so why should you need one for SVA? It just neds to be insured (on the chassis number).

What you ought to do is phone the SVA centre and ask. Then do the same with your local DVLA. they're usually very friendly and are willing to help, especially if you turn on the charm a bit.