Sva Fail At Glasgow

NeilD

Hi

Failed SVA at Glasgow this morning - things started off badly last night when I went for my friends trailer and it was all locked up and he was uncontactable.

Sod it I'll just drive it!!! Glad I did now - inspector was well impressed that a Robin Hood had a) made it the 56 miles there and B) had satnav !!

Anyway to cut a long story short failed on

9.1 indicators do no flassh at correct rate ( fixed added another 10W buld in the nosecone

13 front indicator stalks have non radiused edges ( this was the inspectors boss - inspector said he'd be much more concerned about the ton of metal dirctly behind it - fixed with a bit of self amalgumating tape )

20 Speedo indicates a speed less than the true speed of the vehicle ( don't see where I went wrong with this one - used 2 x tomtom's which are within 2-3 mph of my and my sons road cars yet they said when I was reading 70 I was actually doing 81! still it is an electronic one so I guess I'll take it to a rolling road )

All in all I'm can't stop grinning

:)

Good try and the fails are unpredictable.

The precedure for setting my VDO speedo is press a few buttons to 'prime' it and drive over a measured mile or kilometer pressing start and stop as you pass the marker posts. Gets it very accurate but I would not risk it being accurate for SVA and would set it high to read 80 at a true 70. Strange world.

Pass easy next time.

Nigel