2b Or Not 2b, S7 Or Not S7?

Guest bluefish

Depends on which S7. They came in many forms. Mine's an early Cortina based one, but I believe most you will see are Sierra based.

Also some were stainless, some mild steel.

Depend what you want and what you want to pay!

2b is more well known, more people have built them, stainless chassis is rugged, albeit heavy, but 2b will have more interior room.

S7 will generally be cheaper , as it's older. If it's stainless check for cracks on the folded steel at the side of the engine bay. Interior will be far narrower. Depends whats comes up really and the quality of the build/car. I'd prefer a well built S7 to a shoddy 2b anyday, but two built in exactly the same way, then i probably say 2b would be the safer bet.

Add to the mix the exmo versions and 3a versions and you have even more thing to consider. If you like tinkering and fabricating I would say it wouldn't matter. if you want something to drive and can get bits that (nearly) bolt on I would say 2b.

There is so much choice it really is down to the indiviudual car. Get yourself to Newark in a couple of weeks and see the differences.

EDIT Sorry wrote this before I saw the other replies!!!