Engine Hoist!?!?

Guest scottie686

Guest scottie686

I'm looking in the next month or so to start changing my little 1600 engine in my 2b over to a stg 2 2.0l pinto!! Up until about a month ago i had access to an engine hoist, but no more! (boo!) :boohoo:

Does anyone know where i can buy a secondhand hoist on wheels at a reasonable price (as prob gonna be used for this job only!! or lay my hands on a mobile engine hoist? :huh: I think buy maybe the best option as as with any job on these cars the job always takes a bit longer than antipated!! and have a feelin this may take some time!! :D

Thanks.

Scott.

Guest timswait

I rented one, I think it cost about 15 quid for a day, less per day if you had it for longer, can't remember who from, but it may have been HSS.

I have one in Chelmsford, could even deliver if you don't have a big enough vehicle.

The Essex branch meetings are getting bigger and better so why don't you come along and say hello.

I got my hoist from ebay, emailed one that did not reach reserve and offered 100 GBP

Guest scottie686

Hi everyone!

Thank u for your replies. I managed to get one on eBay for £80! Hopefully should be lifting the old engine next sat!! Fingerscrossed!! :huh:

Scott.

£80, thats a bargin.

I bought 3 of the lifting strops as the first one was way to short, about 1 meter long was about right, it is suprising how much gets used when you loop them through the lifting eyes.

Just got back from France last night.

In AUCHAN hypermarket in Boulogne they had a folding, extendable arm 1000k engine hoist with a serious cylinder (not a bodged up bottle jack) for E99 (about £70!!!!)

With Speed ferries at £50 return thats got to make a day out with a big estate car a real bargain