Smallways Camping Weekend

Guest red7

Not over the noise of the road you wont, :wacko:

!!!!! Warning Bring ear plugs !!!!!! theres lots of HGV's use the road during the night, and beer tends to wear off in the early hours :(

See you there

Mitch

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from The Smallways Weekend (I had to leave early to go to a mates retirement party). Good Friday night in the pub, Alan Wood and his Lady turned up to say hello, lots to eat, pool table was busy. Saturday morning dawned sunny and warm, so after a bit of debate fifteen cars went to Bowes, Barnard Castle, Alston, Hartside Pass, Melmerby, Stanhope.

The Stanhope ford allowed a couple of us to baptise our Hoods.

Looks like a new Robin Hood Aquacar is born.

I guess as I'm writing this the Hoodies are drinking the Smallways Inn dry! Sob.

post-716-1152997602_thumb.jpg

post-716-1152998246_thumb.jpg

Guest Battery Bill

Yes we were Steve :lol: :lol: But the effects are still with us now :( :(

Anyway thanks to all for making it another great weekend nice to meet some new faces too :D

Adrian wins the prize for fastest through the Ford though :D

post-160-1153074587_thumb.jpg

post-160-1153074652_thumb.jpg

Guest turbo

thanks to all involved at the smallways weekend,had a good time,good run outs,good food and beer and a fright with lee :blink:

till next one thanks Jamie

Guest mastarforth

Thanks all for a great weekend

The driving was fantastic, now to make repairs before Harrogate!

At least I got it home without the aid of the AA

Guest Ken Brough

Once again another cracking weekend. A big thanks to all the organisers. Nice to see a few new faces, any many of the regulars. Must remember to slap on more sun tan lotion. I now look like a beetroot. Steve came up with some excellent roads. Turned a few heads with 15 or so hoods thundering through the villages. The drive up the hill from the ice cream van was brill i even let Turbo past me. Barrys V8 looks the bizz as well.Turbo got stuck between Big Lee's V6 and Barrys V8. He said he could hardly hear his own car. Roll on the Lion Run. See you all there. :D :D :D

I'm happy you all enjoyed my "Hundred Mile Run" on probably the best drivers roads in the North Pennines. The run was easy to keep 15 cars together (the CB's helped) and I'm pleased everyone managed to stay on the blackstuff (although it sounds like a few of you came close to losing it). Traffic was quiet for such a sunny Saturday, high petrol prices? We were all very well behaved and although we saw a couple of traffic police we gave them no cause to stop anyone, after the bikers I suppose. I'm looking forward to the Lion Run and reading your write-ups in "Boys in Hoods" about the weekend!