Sva Fail At Sherwsbury

Guest micky bigthumbs

Guest micky bigthumbs

Although 3a failed or roy and dean..it was a good result for a 3a found in a field on its side. abandond project..

only small failures

self centering

indicators distance

seat belt anchorage into the 3a back bulkhead ..needs a plate

front wings to far back over the wheel...bend them forward

and the robin hood fuel pipe..hope enforcer has some details

i think they did well and they had a very reasonable examiner called mark who was very helpfull ..

oh and after the visit from me dgav and jetskijase they have decided to join the club .had to download the forms for them as they have limited access to computer's

Mick

Yes Mickey thats a good result .

it did look a well built car ,well done

when is the re test

nice to here they are joining the club one more hood for the area meetings.

Duncan

Guest micky bigthumbs

Thanks richard i got the gist of it just have to check the supplier was not changed from the time the original kit was supplied ( with the fuel pipe )

Mick

Hi ppl,

Thanks for the replying everybody and thanks to those who came round the other week! The bits have been completed (fingers crossed) and we are now going to contact Buxo Plas to have them send the spec over about the fuel pipe.

Hope you dont mind us using your document to support our Buxo Plas form Enforcer??

Then hopefully we will get the car re-tested asap while the weather is still on our side :D , and hopefully the wheels will self centre! My dad has made adjustments but has no where to test

Thanks everyone and we will let you know how we get on

post-1333-1154035034_thumb.jpg

Guest robin

thats a nice looking car. my sva examiner told me that the easiest way to get it to self centre without changing the castor is to set the wheels at slight toe out and let the front tyre pressures down to around 18psi. then set it up properly for good handlig afterwards!

Hope you dont mind us using your document to support our Buxo Plas form Enforcer??

Go nuts. The following text came from a confirmatory email I was sent by Buxo Plas, if it helps....

The Nylon Tube which we manufacture is produced from raw material and by process and quality control systems which meet with the requirements of the following: -

BS 5409 (Parts 1 & 2)

S.M.M.T. C2C

SAE J1394 (Type A)

SAE J844 (Type A)

DIN 73378

DIN 74323

DIN 74324 (Parts 1 & 2)

ISO-TC 22 SC/2

ISO 7628

We supply our nylon tubing to Flowtech Ltd. It is resistent to petrol.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Buxoplas

Quarters Farm

Hazlebadge

Bradwell

Hope Valley

Derbyshire

S33 9HX

Tel: 01433 620175

Fax: 01433 620047

Rich

seat belt anchorage into the 3a back bulkhead ..needs a plate

Hijacking the thread a bit but how big a plate was recomended, i am using the 1" x 2" plates for the rear bulkhead and have large plates under the floor for the inside mounts near the tunnel, is this enough?

Guest stu205
after the visit from me dgav and jetskijase they have decided to join the club

sent "The Boys" down did ya! :ph34r: :ph34r:

good result though bet there well chuffed :D

Guest micky bigthumbs

Paul i think they are 6" x 4" not welded but just like giant washers so as not to pull through the stainless...that is on the lower brackets

• 2 weeks later...

Ok ppl, got the second SVA today and were armed with the letter from Robin Hood which the nice man forgot to write PSI next to the fuel pressure, so their might be a chance were coming home disappointed!

Fingers crossed everyone, and will update later

Yipeeee!! The car flew through with the SVA so its now down to the DVLA to get the car on the road (legally)

Thanks to everyone who helped and to Micky for the trailer and to Mark for doing the test