Compatability

itllbedonesoon

Can any one advise on cross engine ancillaries compatability please.....

My donor was a DOHC injection but i am using a 2.0 ltr Pinto engine with carb, and i have had to use the DOHC ancillaries. Am i going to have issues with:

DOHC Ignition coil to Pinto Distributor ( & DOHC earthing capacitor)

Is a fuel vapour seperator required?

(i am sure there are other items also that i have not thought of)

Also on the compatability front, i was thinking of trying to source a motorbike alternator, would this have enough grunt?

any ideas please? :blink:

Small nippon denso alternators from micra, swift or bedford rascal are a good swop and easy to find in the scrapyard.

No need for a vapour seperator, the float bowl is vented. (Putting an 8mm supply pipe and 6mm return, tank to enginebay, is a good plan at the build stage if you ever want to go fuel injected at some future time.)

Coil compatability is with the ignition system rather than the engine. Points coil with a points dizzy, electronic coil with electronic ignition.

Nigel

ahh, thank you.

i will remove the vapour seperator then, i have plumbed in a fuel return pipe as i did it all before i managed to get a pinto block. i would like to go Zetec or XE in the future but i think i will just try to finish building it before i start having such heady thoughts.

I have planned a visit to the scrappy this weekend, trying to find a mini brake bias valve, i will add the nippon alternator to my list.

cheers :D