Kit Novice

Knock-on

Went for £2356 which is still just reasonable for a registered car, knowing that there may well be a gearbox to replace and loads of little jobs as a rolling restoration.

Don't worry about not buying it, there are plenty more to look at. Probably be some for sale at Donny.

Nigel

Well, I was given lots of sound practical advice and guidance but managed to forget it all and buy the first one I saw. Doh!

Saying that, I did take into account a lot of what was said and think I've got a good deal.

It's also a part built as well so I wont feel such a fraud when I'm finally driving it.

What did we get? Well, It's a 2b that's been a few years in construction from new. Cosmetically it's a little scrappy and some of the finishing will need a bit of TLC to round off and polish up.

Mechanically it's pretty sound with a 2l Pinto with the 205 block (pre sump modified :( ) The suspension, brakes and wiring is all as it should be and the owner has confirmed that the camber has been set.

Frame has some Hammerite chips and rust rub marks but I'm not worried about that just yet. Would rather get the car mechanically finished and through the SVA before worrying about Cosmetics as I have all winter.

Seats need fixing in, trim everywhere, throttle cable, boot finishing etc and a few panels inside.

After that, we just have some fixing up to do and getting ready for the SVA.

I think if I allow 25 hours to finish it and then work on the premise I'm about 400% out, we should be just about right.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/kno.../CIMG0843-1.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/kno...od/CIMG0838.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/kno...od/CIMG0841.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/kno...od/CIMG0844.jpg

Guest STEVE OXON

quess you would be right at about 400 hrs to finish then 25 to put it right after sva!!!!!!!!

but excellent,now you have something to do,you will find all sorts you want to put right youre way, and its in the 100 pound extra price ''pretend carbon fibre'' . everybody rubs there hands on it. dont know why.but you will be for ever waxing the black to make it look good. I DO.

AND then the upgradeitis starts..........

steve

Lower the right rear light half an inch?

Anyone who has forked out on a digidash is not going to have done a cheapo job.

Sad to see someones dreams not be realised for them but nice of you to adopt them!

Nigel

I know what you mean. It's a bit like meeting your girlfriends Ex in a way. :ph34r:

It really is a nice example and just felt right. However, up close, there are lots of little things that need addressing that will keep me busy :D

Just got to wait a couple of weeks to get her home but I'm putting a new kennel together for her as we speak.

The Girlfriend wanted to paint it in Tigger colours :o But I know what to do.

For Sale, one Girlfriend. good runner but needs some attention.

Style somewhat outdated and makes a bit more noise than it used to.

Part Exchange considered :D

(Christ, I hope she never finds this forum!! )

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Just to put you in the picture, the car that Larry has purchased is mine.. :(

Lack of time and just general lazyitis has meant that I have spent little or no time on it for the last year to 18 months and with pressure from SWMBO, I decided to sell on to someone else.

As Larry has said, it needs a few (!) hours work to finish but a lot of the hard graft is complete. I'm sure he will enjoy much torn skin, attacks of impact adhesive and cable tie scratches.

The ETB DigiDash certainly wasn't a cheapy! - He forced my arm right up my back to part with it on the sale price!

Larry seems like a top bloke with a great attitude and lots of enthusiam, I hope that everyone on here will support him during the completion of the build.

I will certainly be keeping an eye of the progress and look forward to seeing the car onj the road in the near future. B)