Gear Box Adapter/blanking Plate

Mat-Moo

Can't for love or money find mine, and I'm trying to get all the bits to attached the gear box and engine together.

Also flywheel bolts (Flywheel to engine m10 fine pitch) etc. if anyone has spare, otherwise I'll have to visit the scappy ;)

Guest chris brown
Also flywheel bolts (Flywheel to engine m10 fine pitch)
Even if you find them Mat throw them away. Its not worth it for the sake of a few quid for new bolts (I know they don’t in most garages but there again most people don’t expect the same out of there engines as we do). Whenever a flywheel is taken off it is good practice to refit it using new bolts

As for the tin plate it is only the bottom which is exposed if you don’t fit it and that can have a D shaped one made up and fitted if you want. BTW mine hasn’t the plate, according to the Sierra history it must have been left off about 80,000 miles ago when the rear crank oil seal was replaced. :wacko:

Guest nightracer35

hi i have a spare set of fly wheel bolts, and have always reused them and never once had a car come back to me or the garage i woeked at(i would use thread lock if reuseing them)

ron hadaway

The "Haynes - Ford Sierra" manual states "The manufacturers reommend that the flywheel/driveplate securing bolts are renewed after slackening. Suitable thread-locking agent will be required to coat the thread bolt" - So a new set it will be... Ron are your new :)