Side Screens

gomatthome

last bit of the build now underway ie hood and side screens.

Hood fitted but needed to modify the length of frame to get it to fit in such a way that the doors filled the hole.

could anyone help on fitting of the 'doors'.

first does the male part of the hindge fit on the door and the female on the screen support?

second do you mount the scrren support hinge on the inside or outside of the pillar.

Phil

Guest FIRSTBUILD

not sure if I did mine correctly but I put the hinges on the outside and put the male bits on the doors-I fitted the hood to the screen temporarily so that I could position the sidescreen.I have found that you can "mould "the sidescreens to fit!!

Steve

thats interesting from the photo i see you have the doors on the inside of the windscreen support had just assumed they went on the outside. But it makes sence.

Any more pics of other members solutions welcome as i plan to get sorted over the weekend.

Phil

Guest Phil Slater

Les

Like you, if I'm interpretting your picture correctly, :blink: I have a gap at the top. front corner of my door where it meets the windscreen, and also lower down in the corner/bend of the windsreen support on the scuttle. I've already fitted two pieces of curved plate at the top to try and avoid rain getting in but I was wondering what your experiences were of rain getting in at the screen support.scuttle problem area? ( It's not been out in the rain yet :rolleyes: ) In other words do I need to do something about filling in that gap as well?

Phil Slater

very little rain gets in at the top of the sidescreen front area, you can have quite a big gap and nothing happens. The only time mine leaks is when i'm going fast enough for the rain to travel up the windscreen, then it comes in over the top.

Had no rain getting in throught the top hole even when it's been peeing down. On the bottom edge of the door upto the screen pillar I put some of that sticky foam/sponge stuff, mainly because the door was starting to scratch the s/steel, helps a treat to keep water out.

Les