Evidence Of Moon Landings

Guest red7

So Guy's why can't NASA or astronomers publish a photograph of the moon landers and the junk they left behind on the Moon? For heavens sake the Hubble can magnify to a zillion times, so they have the technology. Anybody know the answer?

Guest Captain Daz

NASA can't turn a telescope on the moon to show the landing sites because the earth and orbiting telescopes are set to pick up very dim and distant stars/nebulae etc. If they pointed them at the moon on a clear night their optics would fry. It's like yur eyes being set to ambient earth daylight and then you looking through a telescope at the sun. Instant retina on toast!

As for the fake landing theory: I did hear a story about one of the astronaughts (Buzz Aldrin I think) being at some do and a young chap approached him saying he thought the landings were faked. So Buzz lamped him one. Now I'm not one for unprovoked violence but I think this was well deserved.

On a diferent note, I think we should make Wallace and Gromit the RHOCaR mascots. Just like us really. Making things out of other peoples junk. Even their moon rocket had a repositioned handbrake!

Cheers

Daren

The Truth is out there. We could be seeing an image soon.

"We are observing some of the landing sites for calibration and ground truth purposes," said Bernard Foing, Chief Scientist of the ESA Science Program.

Foing told SPACE.com that the SMART-1 orbiter circling the Moon has already covered the Apollo 11, 16, 17 landing sites, as well as spots where the former Soviet Union’s Luna 16 and Luna 20 automated vehicles plopped down. The images have not yet been released............

Oh No! Just read to the end of the Forum Report.

"Oh yes, it will transmit one picture every 2.5 seconds as it descends, for nearly 12 minutes. Trouble is, ESA will then release them at the rate of one picture a month, over a period of about 15 years".

Cheers, ESA!

In the same article "Hubble has been used for Lunar observation but the landers would only appear as black dots" Not designed for this job unfortunately.