Donnington 06

Guest TCR

Enjoyed a run over there on Saturday, thought it was a bit quieter than last year. Good to chat to Jim who had sold his jeep and to see Richard Hall who took a lot of interested people through the zetec conversion done on my car (he did a lot of it). Lots of people conspicuous by there absence - Chris Brown, Bill & Joey, Peter Bell to name but a few.

Was it me or were there much fewer stalls than last year?

Still a good half day though.

Andy

Guest Battery Bill

Andy

Chris Brown, Bill & Joey, Peter Bell to name but a few

We had an excuse (See Piccy) Joey was Racing at Barkston. So was Tim Swait but I don't know about Sir Chris :huh: :huh:

Shall he be pronounced AWOL ? :lol: :lol:

post-160-1158591148_thumb.jpg

Guest captn Pugwash

Good weekend, great time apart from the night

what is it with camping, the week before we got stuck with the campsite owners son spouting off about his powerful subaru, this weekend pitches the tent next to a tent with a subaru only to find the owners smoking wakky backy, radio on all night and the girl in the tent offering friends to watch her with her boyfriend AS LONG AS THEY DIDNT TOUCH , HE WAS GOING TO DO SOME MACHANICAL THING, CHECKING HER INLET MANIFOLD AND BORE SIZE :p :p :p :lol: :lol: :o .

Took cabinboy mark, round the track in the westfield, bloody quick, i recorded 115 on the exit from redgate to the bottom hairpin and along the straight under the bridge, even passing the rs200 replica going into the "s"s by the pits. Mark got it wrong but corrected it at redgate, 90mph sideways is not good for the heart or the ars*. it was good we still had 1500 rpms spare in 5th but had to drive home so I told him to back off.

Pictures on the website soon, www.photosportuk.com,

Trade show a bit poor i thought but camping and general running wa good, big improvement on last year.

THIS WEEKEND AT SOUTHPORT WE HAVE THE BRITISH FIREWORK CHAMPIONSHIP, FRIDAY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHTS, STARTS ABOUT EIGHT THIRTY. PARK ON THE PEIR ENTRANCE IF A GANG TURN UP TO PUT ON A LITTLE DISPLAY. ALL WELCOME. We at donnington again but back for the fireworks.

Guest chris brown
Chris said last week that he had been out a lot recently so may not get a pass for Donny......I think you lot might call this 'under the thumb' :p

SUE :wub:

Thanks Sue :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: I would have loved to have been there but I'm afraid there are other things other than kit cars or so I’m told and I’m not arguing as I know which side my bread is buttered! :lol: :lol: :wacko: B)

Guest captn Pugwash

some one mentioned the gt40, a couple of pictures with a few misses as well.

See photosportuk.com later in the week fo the others, ( over 2000 pictures taken in total, loads of sorting out to do) thank god for digital.

dave

post-891-1158615934_thumb.jpg

post-891-1158615995_thumb.jpg

post-891-1158615833_thumb.jpg

post-891-1158615680_thumb.jpg

post-891-1158616069_thumb.jpg

post-891-1158616132_thumb.jpg

post-891-1158616339_thumb.jpg

john, thanks for the offer of taking cabin boy around, took the car instead, he wanted to drive and so did I. Free pikky available if you send me your email address.

Dave (captn Pugwash.)