Electrickery Issues

Guest Dan_Beeston

Guest Dan_Beeston

Hi guys,

I've connected up my stalks & stuff as per the Vicky Green wall chart & the wipers and hazards work fine, but when you try & use the indicators the washer pump runs instead.

Also, when you use press the button for the washers a fuse blows...........

I can get the indicators to work by replacing the blue/green to the flasher relay with a ignition live and can get the washer pump to work on the button by connecting the black/purple from the stalks (switched earth on washer button) to the light green/black in the vicky green loom, but then the wipers don't work! (and they back feed through the washer pump!!!)

Any ideas what is going on here??? :(

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Dan, I had loads of problems with mine, untill I found that the VG loom diagram actually shows 2 live feeds comming together!!! I made up charts to show how I'd bodged them and what should rectify the faults. Don't know if it will work when I fit the screen etc., but at least I don't blow fuses when the wipers switch is moved.

So my advice is make notes on what colour wires got to what, then follow them through without using the diagram.

Nicko

Guest John M.

I had this problem and traced it to the two green wires at the washer pump. Cut one off and connected the subsequent vacant terminal on the washer to earth. That worked ok until I tried to get the wipers to self park.

I ended up undoing the wiring loom to trace the problem - which was that I had cut off the wrong green wire. So I suggest that you don't actullly cut it off just tape one up until you have it sorted.

Good luck - or ask Nigel (Longboarder) - he always came up with the answers for my problems

Guest Dan_Beeston

Hi Guys,

Finally got it sorted, ignition live to the flasher relay instead of the blue/green seems to have sorted that and the column switches were switching a live straight to earth on the washer button causing the fuse blowing problems.

Disconnected the switched live coming from the washer button and connected to the light green/black going to the washer pump. Then removed the two greens from the washer pump & replaced with an earth, all seems to be hunky dory now...... :blink:

Trev - was just going to send you an e-mail to see how you were getting on before I saw your message on here

Spal fan is in and working a treat by the way :D even got it on a thermal switch

Jez - thanks for the offer, looks like you've saved yourself a job but you're welcome to drop in sometime anyway, send my a PM & I'll make sure I've got the Hob-Nobs in!!