2b Front Suspension Dimensions

Mat-Moo

Also if anyone would like to measure up the front wishbones for me I'd be grateful :) and offhand does anyone know what the front track width of the 2b is compared to the Seirra? Is it the same or not then?

Mat, try and get hold of a good suspension design book such as Race and Rally Car Source Book by Allan Staniforth. You can model your proposed suspension at half scale with bits of card to see how it behaves. You can work out a starting point for spring lengths and poundage when you have the suspension dimensions and know the angle the shocks/springs will average through the working travel of the arms and corner weights,etc. My New 111 has outboard angled shocks and currently has 130lb springs. These would only work on your car if the dimensions and angles were similar. I will measure up tomorrow and post.

Nigel

Rather than learning a whole new thing and wasting a lot of time, I feel it would be easier to use soemthing that already works :) I don;t have the confidenct to design my own suspension anyway, or I'd probably have gone Locost route!