Rear Suspension

Guest jasonmorris

Guest jasonmorris

Peter I will try my best to post some photos over the weekend.

Nigel, what you are saying seems to make a lot of sense to me, although i have not seen any crush tube. My only problem would be getting the bolt in from the outside of the car because i only have about half an inch worth of space to work with before i'm into the stainless bodywork, which for obvious reasons i don't want to bend. Also are the crush tubes etc... available off the shelf or do i have to make them?

Jason

If you buy replacement polybushes bushes from someone like Superflex they come with a split bush and removable stainless crush tubes.(Tightens up the rear suspension as well). Very easy to fit. Have you room to fit the bolt from the middle of the car. Thats what I did on mine. If you can't you may have to drop the whole rear suspension to let you get to the bushes. I was prepared to make a hole in the side of the car in line with the bolt head to remove it through.

I would advise you to drop the rear axle and diff complete and do all four swing arm bushes. A total barsteward but easiest in the end. You can then properly assess wear on the brackets and adjust with a large hammer rather than use shims.

Nigel

Nigel

Guest jasonmorris

I think that is excellent advice Nigel, I will look into new bushes and crush tubes now and then do the whole rear at the same time by taking your advice.

Thanks for the help, I will let you know how i get on as soon as i get a free weekend to do the job

Cheers,

Jason