Fusing The Coil Pack And Megajolt

Snapperpaul

I am re wiring the Megajolt, Edis and coil pack and apart from a wire going from the Megajolt and Edis loom to an unconected plug, i am pretty sure where they all should go.

I have these wires to connect and fuse.

1. Coil +

2. Megajolt & Edis +

3. Megajolt & Edis -

This is how i think i sould connect them, however i have no idea about the fuse ratings.

1. Coil connected to ignition switch via what fuse rating?

2. Megajolt & Edis to ignition switch via what fuse rating?

3. Megajolt & Edis to earth.

I think i will get a little fuse box just for the Electronic ignition.

Once this is done, i will have to bight the bullit and fire her up for the first time.

If you have a whole load of things that need to be run from an ignition live there is a limit to what you can put through the ignition switch. If you take a feed from the ignition switch to a suitable relay and feed the output from that to some fuses you can safely run a whole load of things.

Nigel

I would always advise taking the live feed to the coil direct from the ignition supply at the switch. The reason is if you link the coil in with other components using a common fuse the failure of any component blowing the fuse will kill the engine. Hope this is helpful. Colin

If you take a peep under my bonnet you will see two fuse boxes. Main box has 16 fuses and four relays, secondary box added when I put the fuel injected zetec in has four fuses and three relays. Nothing has to share and most ignition or ECU switched components are down stream of a 70amp relay or a 40 amp relay. Nothing electrical is stressed and it has all been ultra reliable.

Nigel