Fancy A Fuel Cat?

Guest invalidboy

Guest invalidboy

For those of you contemplating a fuel cat...

I found this on the Granada I am harvesting an injection lump from:

digipics104-1.jpg

Genuine 'fuel cat' conversion.

digipics102.jpg

First of all, why fit one to an injected pinto? They are unleaded from the box...

But look even closer...

digipics103.jpg

That is the fuel RETURN line, not the fuel supply line. And can you make out the green arrow? They have installed it the wrong way around...

... it appears to me that the fitters from fuel cat know little or nothing about fueling an internal combustion engine.

Finally, the canister itself mentions "improved carburetion" of fuel, so either, the wrong item is fitted (by accident- they know nowt) (or in a deliberate and cynical act to fleece the old boy who used to own it).

Even without an O2 sensor, efi is much better with emissions than a carb (on the whole), so why did they fit him this item???

Well I rest my case and await for the verdict of the jury...

I have seen many testimonials from members of the civil service motoring club singing their praises. So if you are an old ex government employee who can't tell one part of his anatomy from his elbow they are an absolutely splendid piece of kit. Which may explain a lot about the current state of the country.

Nigel

Guest Vic & Wendy

Hi Johnna, i bought a fuel cat last year and fitted it to my 1984 2.0ltr pinto and so far so good including emissions tests. I can't put my hands on the paperwork i picked up from a car show, but from memory there were a couple of testimonials that spring to mind. One was from a motor cycle display team ( Police or army i think) who had fitted this item to their machines and were very pleased with the results, secondly, the Capri owners club gave a glowing report as well. I'll let you know what i really think of this product when I've done a few more miles ......

Vic