Unleaded Restrictor

Snapperpaul

Just read the SVA manual from cover to cover again (i am ready for a sleep now) and amongst other things i was looking for the bit that says you have to fit the unleaded restrictor in the fuel filler neck.

1. my engine although fitted with an unleaded head was leaded, V5 says 1982, engine number says 1984.

2. I can't find a word about it in the SVA manual.

Just trying to cross off the list of things i may still need to do, do i need to fit one.

Just read the SVA manual from cover to cover again (i am ready for a sleep now) and amongst other things i was looking for the bit that says you have to fit the unleaded restrictor in the fuel filler neck.

1. my engine although fitted with an unleaded head was leaded, V5 says 1982, engine number says 1984.

2. I can't find a word about it in the SVA manual.

Just trying to cross off the list of things i may still need to do, do i need to fit one.

You don't need a restrictor with an engine of that age, providing you have adequate proof of engine age I got a letter from Ford. Mine was tested as an 84 no restrictor required.

Sean

You don't need a restrictor with an engine of that age, providing you have adequate proof of engine age I got a letter from Ford. Mine was tested as an 84 no restrictor required.

Sean

Sean

Who did you get the letter from? Do you have an address I can write to?

My engine canme from a 1987 Sierra I believe, came with my part built, but there was no paper work from the donor.

Cheers Macca

Never mind, found this in another thread:

you can write to

ford techinical information centre

po box 300

walsall

ws5 4qh

Guest Alan_builder

Hi

I might have come in on the end of your conversation, I assume it about the age of the engine. Ford use the serial number to hold the engine date of manufacture. The Burton catalogue has the code for serial No to age for all ford engines.

I took the burton catalogue to SVA, out tester and the Inspector were happy with this information so you should have no problems either.

I :wub: my RH

If it helps, there is a chart in existence which dates the engines from their number.

That was all the evidence I needed for my SVA in 2003.

I'll try and find a copy for you.

If it helps, there is a chart in existence which dates the engines from their number.

That was all the evidence I needed for my SVA in 2003.

I'll try and find a copy for you.

Check with your SVA station before you go for your test, the 'chart' was not accepted as sufficient proof at Leighton Buzzard.

Sean

Edited by SEgan