Vents And Scoops

jmspec

I have been looking for the best place to fit the intercooler on my Superspec Turbo.

The only place I can see is where RH recommended which is just above the radiator.

The problem is, if I don't get a good flow of cool air to it I may as well take the turbo off. I was thinking of mounting a scoop on top of the nose cone and ducting this directly onto the intercooler. Here comes the questions. 1/ Has this been done before. 2/ With a scoop or simular mounted on the nose cone, will it pass the SVA. 3/ Can I buy a scoop in yellow to match the GRP

Thanks, Jez

I was thinking of using a recessed duct, but I was hoping to force the air through the intercooler.

The cooler is as small as I dare go, although I did think about putting two in line, but that will be a winter project after the car is on the road.

Guest salty_monk

You could use some ducting & some imagination to create a "ram air" pipe from in front of the radiator I would think....

Probably wouldn't be too bad in front of the rad as long as your rad was a big one....

Dan :)

i can see your thinking, the nacelle type duct is designed to force air the same as an obvious duct that sticks up, with the nose sloping forward the nacelle type duct would act just like a ducted hose at the grill.

The simple approach is ducting hose 70mm to 100mm single or pairs in the nose behind the grill.

Thanks for the replies. I will look into the nacelle duct idea more. I had thought about using 1/3 of the grill area in the nose cone to duct it into the intercooler but I have read about cooling problems with the rover engine so I was hoping for an alternative.

Again, thanks for your ideas.