Fitting An Etb Fuel Sender

peter_m7uk

Just got my ETB instruments through the post :D The fuel sender unit comes with

6 holes around a circular disc at the top, where you're supposed to put bolts through

to clamp it down. The obvious question is: How do you tighten the bolts up if one end

is inside the tank?! :huh: I thought of rivnuts, but won't they protrude slightly and

lead to a poor seal? I suppose I could bond it on, but it would be good to make it

detachable later. Any ideas appreciated?

Pete B)

If you make up a 'washer' to go inside the tank in 3mm to 6mm plate. Drill and tap so the fixing bolt holes and bolts match the sender base and bolts and cut a V out of one side. With a bit of fiddling you can get the 'washer' inside the tank and hold it in place while you get a long bolt through one hole in the sender and washer. Then you can get the other five bolts in and replace the long one. A rubber or neoprene gasket between sender and tank top would be good. The fixing bolts go through the big hole in the top of the tank. You don't need to drill six separate bolt holes in the tank.

Nigel

Not sure what kind of tank you have in a lightweight- I have a RH S/S tank with 4 studs sticking up. I made a plate from 5mm steel with 4 holes to pick up the studs on tank. Then I made a big hole for the sender, and drilled/tapped holes as necessary to fix the sender. Plastic metalled the plate to the tank and screwed down with 4 studs, and used gasket with sender for that seal.

HTH,

Brian