Acewell, Well Ace?

Guest SMR610

Guest max.esp

I'm trying to mount my acewell and have read a few posts now. Peter Bell's attachment where it is mounted on the drive shaft sounds appealing as it is easy as i've already secured my tunnel in place. However, would it not read incorrect through cornering as each half shaft travels at a different speed? Anyone else located theirs on the diff area?

Cheers

Graham

Guest Jabberwocky

When I first fitted mine I had the same problem of where to fit it, on the off chance I was chatting to a mate with a Westie and he said his was stuck to the wheel rim. So that is what I have done, 2 a tube of araldite and it is still working 1k miles later. Sensor is attached to the cycle wing bracket

Cheers Nige,

Info most appreciated, I`ll have a look into

the VW sender unit.

Where abouts did you fit the the magnet and

sender for the speedo?

And does the rev counter work ok?

Thanks again

Allan

I also have one of these units in my 2b+ the rev counter works spot on i used the signal wire from the ecu (2.0L efi pinto) the fuel gauge also works but i,m not sure what the fuel sender is from, also the speedo is spot on i went out with my road angel and kept altering the settings till it was right.

Dan

Guest Jabberwocky

Sorry I forgot I said I would upload these, but better late than never.

I know it is not the prettiest of installs, but it was a bit of a rush job, keep meaning to get it sorted

Photo-0089.jpg

Photo-0090.jpg

Guest max.esp

Cheers for that Jabber. It seems pretty simple in comparison so will start with that idea tomorrow when i fit mine. Took me 5 hours today to mount a seat even though i'd drilled all the holes yesterday (problem with the bolts being slightly off perpendicular to the nut welded on) so it could take weeks to mount to the propshaft if i have to take it back out!!

Graham

Guest Jabberwocky

Not got the fuel guage to work yet, I have thought about bending the float around and checking the reading with a multimeter. but I just refuel every 150 miles, and can live without a gauge until winter workshop time