Removing Diff And Half Shafts

Snapperpaul

On my site we have a Fire Brigade training area which use old vehicles to cut up for extraction training.

I now have two weeks ( about 4 days of my time) to remove the diff and half shafts fron a 2.8 4x4 estate, however it must remain rollable on 4 wheels and it may need the hand brake.

How much can i get off and still be able to get the wheels back on?

I will start with the diff as ultimately if thats all i have time to remove that will do, i would like to get the shafts if i can.

Is it simply, " propshaft bolts, halfshaft bolts, diff to carrier bolts x2 and diff rubber mount to car bolts x4? and if i do this can i just pull the driveshafts from the hubs once i have removed the hub nuts or do i need to pull the disc assemblies?

Your opinions please.

Guest salty_monk

If you take the joints without the hubs then you may have problems if you have slide in shafts now....

I have heard of people running lobro one end & push in the other (you can get the joints off the shafts & mix & match them), they can't go anywhere after all....

Ideally you want the whole axle.

Dan :)