Rh Lightweight Kit - Advice Needed

Guest shanusanus

Guest shanusanus

Hi all, Im about to buy the RH LightWeight Kit - been looking at the website + brochure and cant seem to find an EXACT LIST of parts that are needed as well. Although its recommended to get a donar Sierra, I may put a small moterbike engine in so would just buy the parts from a scrapyard. Do you know the EXACT list of parts needed along with the Kit? and if you have also bought this kit , what is your experiance with it and what advise would you give?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to being part of the RH community :)

Shane

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gdc
Hi all, Im about to buy the RH LightWeight Kit - been looking at the website + brochure and cant seem to find an EXACT LIST of parts that are needed as well. Although its recommended to get a donar Sierra, I may put a small moterbike engine in so would just buy the parts from a scrapyard. Do you know the EXACT list of parts needed along with the Kit? and if you have also bought this kit , what is your experiance with it and what advise would you give?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to being part of the RH community :)

Shane

hi shane

welcome to the forum

the lightweight requires additional strengthening to achive svagbs are saying they will give help towards sva .

if you require additional info and advice please contact me ,

i am on 01582867152

the car is good when finished with the additional strengthening

i can advize on spring rates ect

grab it while you can this is the last production lightweight .

if you have the time check out the lightweight section of the chassis section.there is some info there.

regards graham

Guest shanusanus
hi shane

welcome to the forum

the lightweight requires additional strengthening to achive svagbs are saying they will give help towards sva .

if you require additional info and advice please contact me ,

i am on 01582867152

the car is good when finished with the additional strengthening

i can advize on spring rates ect

grab it while you can this is the last production lightweight .

if you have the time check out the lightweight section of the chassis section.there is some info there.

regards graham

Hi there - well im REALLY NEW to all this so my idea was to get a Lightweight kit and then the parts needed- build and voila - a running car. I wasnt aware that it would need additional strengthening - what is this and what does it involve?

cheers

shane

Guest gdc
Hi there - well im REALLY NEW to all this so my idea was to get a Lightweight kit and then the parts needed- build and voila - a running car. I wasnt aware that it would need additional strengthening - what is this and what does it involve?

cheers

shane

hi shane

i think you ought to phone me now

regards graham

read the lightweight definative info section first

i am here till about 9 pm

if you are considering the new 07 lightweight then that again is a different car and had its debut at stoneleigh

this weekend

regards graham

ps its a robin hood there is no definative list of parts rqd to build it

talk to me i may be of help

Graham,

It all depends on which "lightweight". If Shane is looking at the 07 then its a totally different story. Its more of a locost than the ally tub of before.

Graham B

Hi there - well im REALLY NEW to all this so my idea was to get a Lightweight kit and then the parts needed- build and voila - a running car.

Buy in Haste, repent at leasure.

As far as i can tell the only kit on the face of the planet that you can just bolt together is the Caterham followed by the Westfield SDV with their SVA guarantee.

All the rest and i do mean all, whatever they say, will need you to doggedly persue the final prize.

As you will see from this site, there is not a problem that can't be solved, highlighted by the amazing achievements of GDC and the lightweight crew.

The 2B and its many derivertives is a well known quantity but every builder has come up against problems of one sort or another, if you do buy a Robin Hood then stick with it and be an active member of the site, you will get there in the end. ( probably before me)

Guest gdc

shane rang me last night and is interested in the lightweight not the 07.

he realy seems to have the right attitude to build a hood.

he is poss comming to dunstable tomorrow to see the finnished one and the work in progress one,

to work out for himself the work rqd.

we will see

regards graham

shane just rang and it would seem he is the new owner of the last lightweight ,

and picking it up on friday,

Guest shanusanus

Hi all

yes indeed I am the proud owner of a lightweight kit (NOT 07) and will indeed be picking up Friday :)

Im scouring for a Sierra donar car (going with the Pinto + Type 9 gearbox + Sierra Diff) to keep things 'simple' as it were being so new to all this.

A BIG THANK YOU to Graham - really enjoyed meeting up with you today - was a real eye opener - and what a wonderful lightweight you have!! something to aspire to :)

Well ill let you all know how it goes Friday when I pick her up. I guess ill do what you suggested Graham and lay all the parts out on the floor - have a cup of tea, think about it, then another cup of tea, then another think......etc etc .......:)

But I am looking forward to a 'long, slow' relationship with my new Lightweight.

And I look forward to getting as much info as I can from these forums - thanks all in advance

Shane

Guest gdc

dale

you cant keep harping on about the same thing.

whilst i understand your frustration and anger .

however this guy has bought the lightweight and has been fully informed of the problems and more to the point the solutions!!!!!!prior to purchace

he has paid a bargain basement price for it and with the saving on the purchace price he will be more than able to buy the additional ally to complete the car to sva standard .and some pretty bits

i have given shane a photo disc of the mods and he is aware that i am here at pretty much any time to help him with info and he has an open invitation to call here at any time to view the 2 cars.

please give it a rest you cant be doing yourself any good by dredging this up at any oppertunity.

there are many more origonal lightweight builders that have managed to move on and put what was for them and you an expensive and frustrating experiance.

please leave it alone the solutions have been found and the company that was involved no longer exists

please accept my best regards graham

Guest shanusanus

ok so it now seems im also missing the A4 instruction sheets with the measurements on - if any one has these maybe they could scan them in and then email me them?

Im wondering how many other things I havnt got in the kit.

Shane

:huh:

Guest ScotMac

See my other post...you really need the DVDs. Graham, can you copy them for him? I would, but i am a *bit* further away than Graham.

-Scot :)

Guest shanusanus
See my other post...you really need the DVDs. Graham, can you copy them for him? I would, but i am a *bit* further away than Graham.

-Scot :)

No worries mate - RH are sending me a copy of the DVDs' - is the A4 sheet a seperate thing OR does the A4 instrcutions come off teh DVD set? Like a file that is printed out on a PC?

In any case because its gonna take a few days to get the DVD's is there anyone that can email me the A4 measurements sheet at all?

cheers

shane

Guest Tickton Paul
No worries mate - RH are sending me a copy of the DVDs' - is the A4 sheet a seperate thing OR does the A4 instrcutions come off teh DVD set? Like a file that is printed out on a PC?

In any case because its gonna take a few days to get the DVD's is there anyone that can email me the A4 measurements sheet at all?

cheers

shane

Shane

Have emailed the jig drawings to you along with a few stills from the DVD to get you going.

Paul