Sva Result

Guest allenr03

Guest allenr03

Hi guys

Sorry to report a fail, only just mind you!! 5 really silly little jobs to do, most to do with contactable edges!!

1, Side repeaters have a non radiused edge

2, Fuse box in passenger footwell - protection not adequate - not something that would have been used by a manufacturer!

3, Bonnet edge trim -edging trimhad moved around by 10mm and left 10mm of exposed edge!

4, Exhaust bracket - non radiused edge.

5, Brake warning light doesn't have a recognised symbol on it.

My lambda sensor mod worked and the reading was almost perfect (I was worried about this!) All the other major things sailed through.

So by tomorrow morning all will be done and I'm off back to seeMr SVA at 2.30 on Thursday. Then straight from Brum to Worcester DVLA to get registeredand I should be on the road pretty quickly - Just in time for Newark!!

I had so much fun driving it, great experience :D

Rich

Guest peter2b2002

not too bad a result easy fix, i thought that the brake warning only had to show a colour not a symbol?

glad the wheel cover got you through ok. soon on the road, good luck on the retest

pete2b

Guest paulh
2, Fuse box in passenger footwell - protection not adequate - not something that would have been used by a manufacturer!

Can't believe this was a fail point. My girlfriends Renault Clio has not had a fuse box cover fitted since it came out of the show room. It's under the passenger footwell and if big footed blokes like me catch it then all the lights go out!!

Guest allenr03

Well I've had an hour in the garage this afternoon and I've fixed all the problems, I'm going to call Mr SVA in the morning to see if he'll let me go and get "signed off" tomorrow.

Rich

Well done Rich

Sounds like you've already sorted everything but I do have some leftover switch/dash stickers including brake warnings if you need them:

stickers.jpg

We'll have to meet up for a blat once you're registered!

Guest allenr03

We'll have to meet up for a blat once you're registered!

That would be good. I'm hoping it'll be coming to Telford fairly regularly (weather permitting) since I work there. I'll PM you when I'm on the road.

Rich

Guest allenr03
not too bad a result easy fix, i thought that the brake warning only had to show a colour not a symbol?

glad the wheel cover got you through ok. soon on the road, good luck on the retest

pete2b

I think it was because I have 7 warning lights, 3 of which are red! One for alternator, one for oil pressure and the brake fluid warning. If the brake fluid has a symbol on it there is no chance you could mistake it for something else, or at least thats what he told me!!

BTW, the wheel cover looks great. Thanks. I'll be ordering a surrey from you soon.......

Rich

Guest combatsapph
If the brake fluid has a symbol on it there is no chance you could mistake it for something else, or at least thats what he told me!!

Lol - my first car (a Sierra actually, the one I'm building a Westfiled out of) had a flickering light on the dash but I left it for a while thinking it was the brake shoes but they looked okay to me. Three months later my dad told me it was my oil pressure warning light! One month later I rebuilt the engine!

So, a symbool doesn't help if you don't know what it stands for! (In my defec I was only 18!).