Claim To Fame!

Big Jim

Claim to fame ... well the Queen spoke to me just over a year ago. She was doing those jubillee visits around Britain and she came to Burton and visited the market square and the site of the former Burton Abbey. My bell-ringing skills got me into the church tower to ring for a bit as she arrived, and then again when she left. As she was actually out of the car and wandering around we all gazed down through the belfry window at her. The plan was for her to talk to some bishop'y bloke as she walked around to the back of the church. My mate Stewart wanted to photograph her from the heights of the belfry window, but she had a huge hat on and we couldn't see her face. Being the loudest of the group I hung my head out of the window and interrupted the bishop and his mid-walk speach by yelling "Good morning Maam" at her. Anyhow she heard me. Looked left and right. At first she seemed quite paniced. Then looked up and saw us. Stewart got his photo and she waved at us and said (in a queen like voice) "Oh hello up there".

So there we go. I've yelled at the Queen and she said hello back again.

Ant

Guest Battery Bill

I just remembered (as we are on a royal theme) I was on Telly in Lincoln Cathederal at a memorial service for Princess Diana, I was holding my young daughter Katie who kept trying to blow out the candle, Joey was not in the shot because he was in the huff sitting on the floor because he snapped his candle :lol: !

I got on treasure hunt back in the early nineties. It was when Annabel Croft was doing it. I was trying to take a picture and can be seen running backwards trying to get out of her way! All of two seconds!

Add this to a couple of brief appearances in the overhead camera crowd shots, watching PJ Harvey at Glastonbury in '95, plus a rather loud dared shout during a quiet bit at a Coldplay gig live on radio 1, and I reckon I've only got 14 minutes and 51 seconds to go!

My uncle took Michael Aspel's wedding photos. How many minutes is that worth?

nelly

A friend and I, whilst beach walking between Seaford beach and Beachy Head in East Sussex (along the foot of a two or three mile stretch of chalk cliff), manged to get cut off by the tide. My girlfriend had stayed behind to sunbathe. The Brighton Evening Argus stated (in the "stop the press" late news section), "Two men rescued from tide by Newhaven lifeboat. Girl escapes on foot".

However, the Seaford Gazette was a bit more detailed in its reporting. They were waiting at Seaford beach for us when the lifeboat dropped us off. "It was a very stupid thing to do" we were quoted as saying, which we didn't. "Yeah, when the tide came in we were forced to climb a 40 foot cliff to escape" (b*llocks, you couldn't have climbed 10 feet - it was chalk and would not have supported your weight), etc, etc.

Then, a couple of years later, we were featured in the Lancing Herald as a couple of crusading consumers who'd been ripped off at one of those one-off sales that Trading Standards are always warning you about. "War on Conmen!" the headline rang. What we actually did was to leaflet the next sale by these people (after asking for our money back and being refused) so they had to call it off. The caption on the photograph, once again of me and my mate (this time holding up some tat that we'd been conned into handing good cash over for) was "The Lancing pair with their sales goods".

God what a pair of prats.

Guest Jeff Druce

I was on Blue Peter once when I was 11, they were filming about a Security company and as the ran the camara along the canal that was at the back of the industrial estate there I was fishing. Was a bit of a shock when I see me self on TV.

ps My son was on blue peter as well, he received a badge for being in the english tug of war team.

They were at the studio at the same time as girl group All Saints and the team all received kisses from the girls . Luck little s*d

Guest Battery Bill

Out today (7 Oct) Autocar magazine, Page 61 picture of grandstand you can clearly see Joey and Me in the crowd Joeys wearing his RHOCar yellow hat (As usual).

They also printed my letter. Ah fame at last.

Hope Joeys school don't find out he bunked off for the day. :wub:

Guest Captain Daz

All

I modelled for a martial arts mail order catalogue once! I was probably the least ugly in the Karate class! It's like Freemans in Karate Gi's. Looking seriously into the distance. I kept a copy to cheer my wife up in her low points of the month (you know what I mean). But there ain't no way I'm gonna post any pics!!

Cheers

Daz