Some Products From The Marine Industry.

Had a couple of days with one of our boats at the Working boat show Southampton and found some interesting stuff.

I was a little caught out when they started asking technical boaty questions but when i went in to kit car and racing speak we quickly came to the " different use similar problem" scenario.

Close fitting sun glasses with ballistic integrity, i.e. shotgun at 10 meters, they look yery good and prices run in the £30 pound mark, i have some samples coming and will let you know.

Corrosion block, developed to stop the B52 disintegrateing and used on the Black Hawk, now marketed for the marine industry for instalation of disimilar materials and to stop further corrosion on already instaled stuff, i have aquired a small spray tin of the stuff.

Spray Stop ( a silver metalic covered fiber tape), I looked at this and thought all my little oil leaks could be sealed for good, don't know how much it is a roll yet. A bit off technical stuff straight off the blurb (the engineers amoungst you can sort this out)

material .270mm,

cloth 0.103,

service temp +160 C,

tensile 158lbs (test method ASTM 882),

Adhesion 1000g above 25mm g/f,

pressure 20 bar.

Used to seal flanges and joints against anyh sort of escape upto the tolerances stated above.

My oil pressure is 4.5 bar cold

Also been looking at grip tape for the pedals but my kids recon you can get off cuts from the skate board shops.

Guest Bazwaz

Personally i can recommend the laser treatment. I had it done a couple of years ago and have never looked back. :D Saves a fortune on glasses as well.

Barry