Oil Cooler Pipe Clips

Snapperpaul

I have a take off plate sandwiched between block and oil filter, i have refitted this a couple of times and have now narrowed down a slight oil leak problem to the jubillie clips that clamp the braided hoses to the take off.

I think the problem is that they are metric pipes and the take off is imperial. I am having to clamp the pipes quite hard to get a good seal and the jubillie clips are not strong enough to get a good clamp.

Eventually i may change the whole lot and replace with remote filter and all bolt on pipes but not just yet.

So i need a stronger way of clamping the pipes, what type of Jubillie clips am i looking for?

Do Miklor have small sizes to clamp 16mm to 20mm? If they do where shall i look?

Guest chris brown
I have a take off plate sandwiched between block and oil filter, i have refitted this a couple of times and have now narrowed down a slight oil leak problem to the jubillie clips that clamp the braided hoses to the take off.

I think the problem is that they are metric pipes and the take off is imperial. I am having to clamp the pipes quite hard to get a good seal and the jubillie clips are not strong enough to get a good clamp.

Eventually i may change the whole lot and replace with remote filter and all bolt on pipes but not just yet.

So i need a stronger way of clamping the pipes, what type of Jubillie clips am i looking for?

Do Miklor have small sizes to clamp 16mm to 20mm? If they do where shall i look?

Have a look in yellow pages for Hydraulic services and take the pipes to them and get them made up with swaged on ends. If you were a bit closer I could get them done for you as my son runs his own pipe and fitting business. You could also try Pirtek but they are more expensive than the smaller independents.

Guest allenr03

I got a couple of braided hoses with swaged ends from www.thinkautomotive.co.uk for about £20. They have a very quick turn around, great service.