Passed Sva 2nd Attempt Avonmouth

agent_zed

Hi everyone,

just added another 2b to the road. Passed on 30th may on 2nd attempt after mainly silly sharp edges. For all those about to go through with the wishbones i found i failed on the nut on the top wishbone that holds the balljoint but a couple of squash balls :) cut and siliconed round did the job. Also a fantastic cover for the front shock and bottom mounting was the heater duct from the sierra which fits perfectly around the coil and has a shape that is almost made to cover the bottom mounting bracket.

just got to get the engine running right as iam not breaking 85mph at the moment. How fast should i 1.6 go? (not that i'd do it on the road)

It only took 5 years but worth it.

Guest Dee Jay
Hi everyone,

just added another 2b to the road. Passed on 30th may on 2nd attempt after mainly silly sharp edges. For all those about to go through with the wishbones i found i failed on the nut on the top wishbone that holds the balljoint but a couple of squash balls :) cut and siliconed round did the job. Also a fantastic cover for the front shock and bottom mounting was the heater duct from the sierra which fits perfectly around the coil and has a shape that is almost made to cover the bottom mounting bracket.

just got to get the engine running right as iam not breaking 85mph at the moment. How fast should i 1.6 go? (not that i'd do it on the road)

It only took 5 years but worth it.

Congratulations mate, just had a pass at Avonmouth as well but 3rd attempt, who did your test Howard or Harry, decent guy's I thought.

Dave

Guest Dee Jay
Congratulations mate, just had a pass at Avonmouth as well but 3rd attempt, who did your test Howard or Harry, decent guy's I thought.

Dave

Wow it was only yesterday that I got the MAC, don't think it's sunk in yet!!!

Dave (again)

Thanks everyone, i can't remember the chaps name who did the test but he was the bearded biker guy. Very nice guy, extremely helpful i found. It was nice that he was genuinely interested in my car and wanted to help get it past.

As noted this was my first post :rolleyes: as i haven't really been on the site before. I kind of went my own way with the build, maybe why it took so long. But it does mean that i don't have an aligator bonnet as i cut the bonnet and built a fixed scuttle and nose cone. Made my own panel behind the seats as it didn't fit as well as i wanted and a few other bits that i wasn't too happy with. I certainly think now that robin hood builders can certainly say they really did build the car!!! respect to everyone who builds one :D

PS. Congrats Dave on your pass, now you have to deal with the less than helpful dvla :(

Edited by agent_zed