Tan Hill Inn 4th August

Guest red7

Guest Bob's Babe

I am really going to miss this weekend....it's our big trip out without the kids and we love catching up with everyone ;)

BUT if Tim doesn't get Bobson sorted this weekend and Mot'd on the 11th then he will be impossible to live with...we are almost at that point now!! :huh:

He has been without a car for 20 of the last 20 months and needs to be out driving sooner rather than later....

This means we give up our weekend so that he can have two full days on the car. :cray:

I'm sure you will all have a fab time and trust that you will write about it for us and send some pics. :drinks:

SUE :wub:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bazwaz

Derek

Just a word of caution. I know Hoodies don't speed but take note that there are a lot of speed cameras between Halifax and Keighley. And the bypass from Keighley to Skipton has been busy with unmarked police cars lately. ( i travel to work every day on this road). I've booked Friday off so am going to meet Chris on the A1 but BigLee is going on Saturday so might want to meet up with you around Keighley. I'll give him a call in case he misses this as he's very busy at work at the moment.

Barry

Thanks for that Barry. :good:

Of course we dont speed, anywhere :angel:

But it seems even less so along that route :(

Looking forward to the weekend, Metcheck forecasts a cracking one.

May need to put away a few lemonade's after a day in the sun.

See you there

Derek.

Guest Ian Marr

Gutted for Tim & Babe ... sounds like plenty of folks heading up to the New Lion.

Ally and I are booked in for the sat night(yes yes softy northerners!).

Those who can make it ... remember the best way in is from Reeth ... look out for the hump back bridge and ....... fly :crazy: :bad:

Guest Guy Wilson

So is anybody meeting at Redhill island in Notts on Saturday morning?

Or are people just making their own way?

Im not sure if we can get just yet?

Are you definatley not able to go Tim and Sue?

Its a real shame if you can't go :huh:

Guy

Edited by Guy Wilson

Northwest bunch are meeting at the Tickled trout motel/services on the M6 at 9am sat morning to travel up in convoy.

some staying over some coming back same day (bloody shift work)

see you there?

Mitch

Guy,

As far as I know Marilyn and I are the only ones going from Nottingham area.

(Please let me know if you know better)

We are meeting up with Ian and Carole if we can get the times sorted.

Let me know if you are going and we could meet up.

Derek.

Guest Ian & Carole

We have just got back from an other really great weekend.

Not the best place in the world to camp!! :rolleyes: not a flat peice of grass to be found :crazy: to :lazy: :lazy: on.

Web feet needed yesterday :mellow: thick mist and continual drizzel all afternoon, gale force winds all night.

Then burnt to a frazzel today. :o :D :crazy: :crazy:

Many thanks to Barry for arranging it after the Lion was removed as an option.

Knaggsie had a good birthday flying Helicopters in the bar. photos to follow I am sure.

Really good suprise when the Boss and his Babe turned up. :D and shared lots of :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: with us all.

Me thinks this could be a regular event now that the Lion is no more.

Ian J

Guest Bazwaz

Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Some more than others :D We'd only been there for an hour on Friday and Chris was pulling pints after the landlady told him to get his own beer.

Barry

post-77-1186338018_thumb.jpg

Guest mastarforth

dont htink he is flying his chopper there barry

looks like he is after devine inspiration!

As for chris, good on you mate!, at least you have no complaints at how it was poured!

Guest chris brown

As Ian says it isn’t the best camp site I’ve been to but it is defiantly the one with the best views.

Barry never let a stroppy landlady get between you and your beer. I believe the words were “If you want more beer you’ll have to get them your bl***y self”

What a super weekend despite the weather.

What a great weekend great drive up Friday with a stop at MK too look at their new racecar WEB LINK they made us feel so welcome. Then we met up with Barry

Who now drives the V8 with plenty of gusto.

We arrived on the moors and the mist hit us wipers needed to clear. Checked in at the Inn and after several pints of black sheep Steve Knaggs aka red 7 arrived, then a band started playing great Company and a Gig. Hoodie Heven.

The next day I realised that Chris was awake as the snoring had stopped!!

A good breakfast then tent erecting time a gale blowing and a hill to pitch on not the best conditions + a new tent.

The Steve arrives a Run out was organised with a visit to the dales Museum Chris lead the way home Via a water splash great fun I will post some video soon.

I finally made it back to the pub with a tow from Chris not recommended a tow in the dales on a short rope.

We then started to try to fix the Car in a wet car park. Then Chris comes along with a spar high pressure fuel pump to my rescue what a great Mate back running but soaked in the new Hoodie after shave odder 95 ron. Lee comes up with the use of his shower.

Thanks to a great Club and Mates for a great weekend.

Stephen