Audio Amp And Mp3 Player

philshelton

thinking of puting in asmall amp ( 100w) max with just a jack socket to plut in am mp3 player has any one else done this and if so what did they use

yeah i was thinking of doing this. I was going to use a computer speaker setup as you can get powerful sub +speaker setup for £20-£30 and ive seen ones that are 12v. They are also designed to take a jack plug from something like an mp3. let us know what you do.

cheers

yeah i was thinking of doing this. I was going to use a computer speaker setup as you can get powerful sub +speaker setup for £20-£30 and ive seen ones that are 12v. They are also designed to take a jack plug from something like an mp3. let us know what you do.

cheers

havent seen any 12 v pc ones that was what i was thinking to start with that way the volume balance etc could be used where have you seen the 12 volt ones

havent seen any 12 v pc ones that was what i was thinking to start with that way the volume balance etc could be used where have you seen the 12 volt ones

I managed to get my hands on one that iam going to use in my car thats made by Boston and my brother has one on his computer that is made by cambridge soundworks. Both of which are 12v and are a sub and then small satellite speakers so iam making a guess that the larger sub based systems are 12v but i really don't know for sure. I haven't looked for a while but misco.co.uk has some and there are loads of other computer parts websites.

hope that helps.

Guest turbo

almost any car amp will do the job, what to watch for is the output voltage of the mp3 and the input voltage for the amp are simlar and then you will adjust the gain control to get enough volume output.(most cases you will be fine)as it is to be used in the hood you will require a decent volume so i would advise a decent pair of speakers as you will drive these pretty loud and you dont want them just distorting.to connect you require a 3.5mm jack to 2 phono for most amps but some newer ones come with a 3.5mm jack on the amp.

almost any car amp will do the job, what to watch for is the output voltage of the mp3 and the input voltage for the amp are simlar and then you will adjust the gain control to get enough volume output.(most cases you will be fine)as it is to be used in the hood you will require a decent volume so i would advise a decent pair of speakers as you will drive these pretty loud and you dont want them just distorting.to connect you require a 3.5mm jack to 2 phono for most amps but some newer ones come with a 3.5mm jack on the amp.

is there a volume control or bass/treble on car amps? or would you control it from the mp3?

Guest SEgan
thinking of puting in asmall amp ( 100w) max with just a jack socket to plut in am mp3 player has any one else done this and if so what did they use

I was thinking of doing this but in the end I opted for a head unit with a jack in-socket on the front. There wasn't a difference in price and I get free use of a Radio :D

There are some really good sites on line for head units and speakers I picked mine up for about half the price of the major retailers.

• 2 weeks later...