Camping Near River Dart

Guest a8dyc

Guest a8dyc

Hi,

Going away in the caravan with the wife and 3 kids :o on friday to a site in Ashburton in Devon.Its called the River Dart Country Park and yes you've guessed it its next to the river Dart,Whats the rain and flooding situation down there will i need my wellies?Any hoodies living down there give me a first hand weather update.

Cheers Andy

Hi,

Going away in the caravan with the wife and 3 kids :o on friday to a site in Ashburton in Devon.Its called the River Dart Country Park and yes you've guessed it its next to the river Dart,Whats the rain and flooding situation down there will i need my wellies?Any hoodies living down there give me a first hand weather update.

Cheers Andy

have you seen this website

http://www.ashburton.org/weather.htm

seemed to be what you are after. Ive been to dartmoor a few times and if you haven't been before you should know the weather can change quickly on the moors, so be very careful if you go walking etc. Be careful around the rivers there can be flash flooding i'd stick to the high ground in this weather and you will definitely need wellies. It is a fantastic place though. hope it helps. have a good time

I'm in Plymouth and have driven through Ashburton last Thursday and to Lizard and back today in the Hood. Not bad at the moment. No significant flooding. Rain daily but although the ground is soggy round the rivers that area is on the edge of Dartmoor and thus elevated. Doesn't tend to flood more than a few yards from the river banks here and there. Rivers have quite a fall on them and Dartmoor acts like a big sponge. Nothing like Tewksbury.

Give them a ring to make sure but I don't think you will have any problems.

Nigel