Insurance + Breakdown Cover

Guest red7

Over my years of kit car ownership I've insured & covered my car for breakdown recovery with Roadsure. I've got two elderly cars an MX5 mk1 & Old Red7 my Hood. I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to buy my breakdown cover from Greenflag covering both cars? Anybody got a similar deal?

I have AA breakdown recovery and it covers any car i own , last year we drove to Bournmouth in my car to pick up a car i had bought and which broke down oops , a nice man brought it back home for me , so i have no complaints as it was far cheaper than taking a trailer to bring it back home ( a cunning plan ! or what )

Mike

I have AA breakdown recovery

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to say in a public arena about any recovery service, as I deal with them all, every day, and we are not supposed to favour any particular one.

but on a personal basis, I'm with the RAC, have been for 20 plus years, on a "personal" cover, so whatever vehicle I'm in, driver or passenger, it will be recovered.

They are not the cheapest, but I'll not be changing, others are.......OK, 1 in particular I wouldn't touch with a bargepole!

Jim

Guest pmeads

Hi, I insure my Hood with Roadsure with no breakdown cover, my car with Saga, my daughter's car with the Post Office and my son's car with Tesco. Not that I check on tinternet each year!!! Our breakdown cover is a family cover with the RAC, covers all of us in whatever car we are in. With my daughter at uni in Stoke and my son at uni in Reading (twins) the peace of mind this brings is priceless. Incidently they both graduated this year but are going on for at least a further 3 years, they must like the student life.

Poor for another 3 years. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Paul

Mines with Flux,£40 for the year

Andy windows is with AA and after they left him for 3hrs on the m6 with no lights at all (including hazards) in the dark,i wont ever use them, it took 5 calls from the Highways agency to make them come and remove him from danger, trust me 3 hrs of foreign truckers going past a 70 within inches is not pleasent,

i was actually behind him in my disco, so there were lights showing, but the aa wasnt told this if i wasnt i wonder how long it could have been before one wandered into the hard shoulder and demolished the car.

i believe some banks now offer "free" breakdown cover, i think a nw hood added there 2b for £7 for the year, maybe worth looking into?

itch

i believe some banks now offer "free" breakdown cover, i think a nw hood added there 2b for £7 for the year, maybe worth looking into?

Mitch

Yes, but check who the recovery service is through, a lot finish up with the AA, I'll say no more! ;)

Excellent advice lads. I'll get signed up with the RAC. £72 any car. Nothing worse than standing on the motorway embankment in the dark and rain waiting for a recovery truck. I know I've done it.

I've been with both the RAC and AA, RAC took four hours to recover my van a few years back with a blow engine (chucked a rod) but they insisted on sending a mechinic to try and fix it first. and then had to wait for a truck. AA turned up in 30 mins this year when the GF locked the keys in the jeep. I think the recovery times are a bit of a lottery depending on how busy they are and the operator you get.

Just my 2p worth

:D :D :D

Guest Giggling_Buffoon

AA responded in 30 mins when the exhaust fell of the superspec (having told me it would be an hour!). Seems to depend on who you get at the call centre as to what level of urgency they apply... good feature was that they did text me to advise that they would be there quicker.

The girl on the phone asked if it was repairable, I said yes if they brought along a sierra gearbox rubber mount, 10 mm spanner, philips no 2 screwdriver, 17 mm spanner, leather headed mallet, 2 inch exhaust bracket and some exhaust sealant and miraculously the AA man turned up with the right bits.