Blackpool

steve in stockport

the world fireworks championships are taking place in Blackpool on Sunday 2nd Sept and then every Friday in September - 7th,14th,21st,28th.

does anyone fancy an evening run on either the 14th or 21st to take in the illuminations and fireworks (8 pm central prom) with a thoroughly healthy seaside fish and chip supper?

meeting place, route etc to be confirmed depending on interest

Steve

Guest Dee Jay
the world fireworks championships are taking place in Blackpool on Sunday 2nd Sept and then every Friday in September - 7th,14th,21st,28th.

does anyone fancy an evening run on either the 14th or 21st to take in the illuminations and fireworks (8 pm central prom) with a thoroughly healthy seaside fish and chip supper?

meeting place, route etc to be confirmed depending on interest

Steve

I would love to come on the trip mate , but i'm just too far South to join you, have fun!

Dave

Ha, Ha! when was the last time you went through the illuminations then Steve?

I got asked a few years ago by some of our slightly southern members to organise an illuminations run, so I did (7 none came anyway!)

We passed the airport at 7-15pm, but it was 12-30am before we even got to the Tower!!

The problem is that in the old days, they used to close every entrance road onto the prom, so you had to start at the airport end, then some know-all found out that what they'd been doing was technically illegal without reams of authorisation and months of paperwork to comply with signage, health and safety etc. etc. that they decided it wasn't worth the effort.

So, now anyone can join in to the traffic from any ajoining road, this effectively stops the flow of traffic along the front.

I'm afraid 6 white horses won't drag me through the illumination! you're welcome to it!

Jim

Ha, Ha! when was the last time you went through the illuminations then Steve?

:D :D :D

Probably about 10 - 15 years ago (the kids were only nippers).

Yes I can remember joining in south of the prom and having a nice cruise through up to the top.

My girls used to stand up and see it all through the sunroof :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now you say this though, I can easily understand that these things just aren't what they used to be. Shame eh?

Is this event a non-starter then?

Probably about 10 - 15 years ago (the kids were only nippers).

Yes I can remember joining in south of the prom and having a nice cruise through up to the top.

My girls used to stand up and see it all through the sunroof :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now you say this though, I can easily understand that these things just aren't what they used to be. Shame eh?

Is this event a non-starter then?

I know someone who stood up through the sunroof during a tour of the illuminations.Ended up with a ticket for not wearing a seat belt.Be warned. :o

Andy

Guest captn Pugwash

Friday the 5th october + saturday and sunday British firework display at southport, No que's and three good night outs, park on the pier front and display your cars, good night out and good fish and chips. See my website for images of last years event, www.photosportuk.com

• 2 weeks later...

Seems this was talked about at the Renault weekend and theres a few interested,

Was suggested to go on the next Northwest meet night (thursday 4th october) this will probably be the last NIGHT meet this year.

so need to know how many want to go, so i can change time of the meet. theres at least 4 cars now,

we will set off about 7 from the poachers drive upto Blackpool, drive up the pro through the lights and have fish-chips before leaving for home

Mitch