Radiator

Guest 2Bornot2B

Guest 2Bornot2B

Anyone know what the rad supplied in 2003 2B's was?

Just had the front fall off the axle stands when I let down the jack at the back & one of the stands has gone through the bottom of the rad.

I've seen references to Coolman rads but I've googled it & only come up with a Thai company!

Anyone know what the rad supplied in 2003 2B's was?

Just had the front fall off the axle stands when I let down the jack at the back & one of the stands has gone through the bottom of the rad.

I've seen references to Coolman rads but I've googled it & only come up with a Thai company!

Just taken off my cortina rad this week you can have it if you want it. It's not a duel core coolmans but its ok, i think robin hood suplied it when the kit was bought in 2000 let me know if you want it and we can work out how to get it to you.

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

Guest 2Bornot2B
Just taken off my cortina rad this week you can have it if you want it. It's not a duel core coolmans but its ok, i think robin hood suplied it when the kit was bought in 2000 let me know if you want it and we can work out how to get it to you.

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

Yes please!

Guest CLANSMAN

HI GUYS,

I have just ripped out my "coolman" ? supplied in kit believed to be a cortina rad ... the best price I could find was £45 to replace but as its a single core and has coolant loss issues now is the time to upgrade

So I am searching for ideas ??

I like the look of the Seat Malaga mod, but is it up to the job as it was design for a 999cc engine ?? running a 2.0 pinto

My mate runs a London taxi rad in his stock car and says it never over heats, maybe because he crashes it on the the first corner normally

I think I might drop by a radiator repair company and quiz them for ideas ??

Thing is I may need a visit to scrappy to keep costs down if I need a complete expansion tank system

As you have the right hoses etc for the original cortina rad an option is to have it recored at your local rad place. I did this a couple of years back. Not cheap but you can get it triple cored and know it's a simple bolt-in job.

One of the things that sometimes irritates me about the Hood is I can't resist upgrading when doing little repairs. This always means new mounting frame to be made, brackets welded up, hoses to be bought, wires to be run, other bits to be tidied or painted while the bonnets off and there is bit of space, etc. You go to change a spark plug and next thing the engine and box are on the floor and you're just putting in a new clutch release bearing cos you had one in the drawer and might as well get it all done at the same time.

Nigel

Guest CLANSMAN
As you have the right hoses etc for the original cortina rad an option is to have it recored at your local rad place. I did this a couple of years back. Not cheap but you can get it triple cored and know it's a simple bolt-in job.

One of the things that sometimes irritates me about the Hood is I can't resist upgrading when doing little repairs. This always means new mounting frame to be made, brackets welded up, hoses to be bought, wires to be run, other bits to be tidied or painted while the bonnets off and there is bit of space, etc. You go to change a spark plug and next thing the engine and box are on the floor and you're just putting in a new clutch release bearing cos you had one in the drawer and might as well get it all done at the same time.

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I would just be happy to get it back up and running, so I can check head gasket before the head comes off, then I may change the spark plugs then :D

Rather do a proper job now than be stranded again somewhere

Going to visit a RH owner whom has kindly offered free advice and guidance

Cheers

Ray

Nearly finished fitting the new rad, just need to tidy up the wiring, washer bottle etc.

In my case the rad was behind the cross member and the new wishbone cross members restricting air flow now its in the nose cone with the fan up against it and cowled off as much as possible.

Only had a problem with the different hose sizes but flea-bay sorted that out

Total cost of upgrade was about £65. £47 pound of that was the new Honda Civic ally rad + cap

Looks a lot different to the pics earlier in the thread

show003.jpg

show002.jpg

show001.jpg

Guest CLANSMAN

HI KIETH,

LOOKS A GOOD JOB,

I have seen two other RH builds today and seen the errors of my RH first builders ways

Hope to get some parts ordered this week ... for a weekend of tinkering

Ray