Ford Technical Helpline

Guest boggie

Guest boggie

Hi,

Does anyone have a number I can ring to find out technical info on Ford parts (EG Differentials) please? I used to have one but when I try it now I get the unobtainable tone.

Cheers,

Boggie

I too have lost it, but I got it in the first place by ringing the parts department of my local ford dealer and asking them the question I had. They'll either answer it, or if they can't then ask them for the technical hotline number.

Ant

Guest boggie

Hmmm Bloody Ford feckers!

I have telephoned 8 Ford dealers to try to get the info but each time have been told that Ford UK instructed their dealers not to answer technical questions but direct such inquiries instead to the Ford technical helpline AT £1 A MINUTE!!!!

I cannot ring these numbers from the office and they only operate during office hours so my only choice is to ring on my mobile from the car park which will cost a lot more than £1 a minute.

It REALLY PI$$ES ME OFF that I have to pay for information so I can decide which part to buy from ford. $od 'em! I should fit a Vauxhall engine / gearbox and be done with it! I only wanted to know the part number for the speedo drive and the difference between them.

Give Speedy Cables, http://freespace.virgin.net/matt.buckell/T.../Speedy_Cables/ a ring and they will make one up for you if its an odd measurement, sell you a right angle take off if you want one and recalibrate any speedo to any drive train so it reads right. If you just want a standard type 9 box to sierra instrument they will flog you one of those too!

Nigel