Fan Belt

Guest stuhickman

Guest stuhickman

Can anyone advise what fan belt i should buy/use from Halfords....

I have been rebuilding my car and have had the belt off since 2005, put it back on over christmas

and the thing has Stretched. it touches the steering column rod. The markings on belt, have all disappeared.

Bought a Sierra belt from Halfords HB913a and the belt still touches the steering rod.

has anyone else encountered this problem.

Guest Dan_Beeston

From what I can remember the numbers on the Halfords belts refer to the length in mm, so the next one down numerically would probably be a good bet.....(assuming the Sierra belt is only a little too long)

Guest STEVE OXON

i remember going in to halfords when i was building my 2b, with a piece of string that i had wrapped round pulleys,to get a size , then opening all the packets and sitting on the floor,trying them for size. but you are correct, the number is size in mm.

hth

steve

Guest stuhickman

Cheers... i will go and have a look over the weekend and see what i can get.

I've still got the distributor to put in, can someone give some advice on the best way to time everything up.

Last year i changed mine due to the Alternator fouling the stering column , the belt that was on was a 10x863mm so i fitted a 10x850 , it was a very tight to fit on pulleys but it did the job fine as it gives room for adjustment once seated in the pulleys .

Hope this may help .

Mike