Caravan Help

Guest peter2b2002

Guest peter2b2002

I know this is a dodgy thing to talk about openly, but my wife and I are completing our house sale on the 29th, we have some where temp to go for 2 -3 weeks but rather that renting a house (6 months min) we are thinking of a caravan. the only thing is what type. I know you can't tow much over 18' with a land rover , any one know of a good make/model with heating etc for some where arround £3-4k

i'v already said we could use my 2 man tent that I use @ Le Mans but when on holiday my wife only stayes in 4*hotels you can imagine the responce

pete2b

Try the caravan show at NEC this week until Sunday, or buy a copy of '' Which Caravan '' magazine, and there's a couple of big dealers in Northamptonshire.

What ? :o

Guest craig030774
I know this is a dodgy thing to talk about openly, but my wife and I are completing our house sale on the 29th, we have some where temp to go for 2 -3 weeks but rather that renting a house (6 months min) we are thinking of a caravan. the only thing is what type. I know you can't tow much over 18' with a land rover , any one know of a good make/model with heating etc for some where arround £3-4k

i'v already said we could use my 2 man tent that I use @ Le Mans but when on holiday my wife only stayes in 4*hotels you can imagine the responce

pete2b

if you know anyone with a bit of land statics can be had really cheap, or try local holiday camp maybe do a deal this time of year much better than tourer

Guest chris brown

I was thinking along the same lines as Craig I wouldnt buy one unless you are intending keeping it for future use. There are thousands of empty statics on holiday sites at this time of the year

Guest Jabberwocky

A lot of local holiday camps with static caravans are shut for a few months a year (so they are not classed as a full time residence) so pay less to the goverment. So if you do go down those lines then make sure it is open for the full period you require

Guest peter2b2002

thanks for all the tips, she who must be obeyed has found a holiday let near by for a few weeks so a van type home is on hold for the moment

+ they have a garage for my 2b- O joy

pete2b :D

Guest kevin booth

pete2b

Ive got one for sale but its 27 ft twin wheeler 5 berth with new auning good condition for 2.5k and i tow it with jeep cherokee no problem even got a shower and all the stuff you need. kev

Guest peter2b2002

Hi Kevin, sounds good do you need to get rid quick? also on a caravan web site there are some folk claiming its not leagle to tow a van that big with a car or 4x4 due to it's length ,had any problems in that way?

cheers Pete2b

Guest chris brown
Hi Kevin, sounds good do you need to get rid quick? also on a caravan web site there are some folk claiming its not leagle to tow a van that big with a car or 4x4 due to it's length ,had any problems in that way?

cheers Pete2b

I think you are correct Peter see here