Cortina Front Suspension Set Up

Guest peter piper

Guest peter piper

My robin hood S7 kit car is fitted with Ford Cortina front suspension and I wish to change it to Coil-over suspension with double wishbone set up. I have contacted Robin Hood engineering but had no success, all they wanted to do was sell me a new kit and as you can imagine it is the suspension i want to change...not the car!!! I know it's not straight foward, but would like to know if anyone on this website has carried out this modification ...... or if anyone has any suitable wishbones or coil-overs or know of anywhere where I can obtain these parts. Many thanks, Peter Piper

Guest Tim Norman

I've looked into this in the past. I shortyou need to make a space frame for the front end to replace the cortina subframe.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Cheers

Guest peter piper

Thanks Peter for showing an interest and once yr friend returns from holiday, if he could send me pic's to help it would be greatly appreciated, cheers peter piper

August 99 Which Kit featured a S7 built by Paul Lowther in Cumbria which he then rebuilt to fit fabricated upper wishbones and track control arms but kept the tie bars and added some coilovers. Sadly the pics and article give little more detail but does anyone know the car or Paul?

Nigel