Notice Of Intended Prosecution !

Guest lansledj

Guest lansledj

Had a fright today !! received a Notice of Intended Prosecution from Wiltshire police today for driving @88 on the M4 ! duly started to fill the for out accepting my bad speed judgement when the wife mentioned that she and a work colleague went past a van on a bridge last time they went down there and they may have been travelling to fast as my "road angel" had gone off when her colleague was driving. So to cut a long story short logged on to the safety camera site and sure enought wasn't me :D :D pictures are a bit fuzzy but it looks like her work colleague is up for 3 point and a fine.

Guest lansledj

:mellow:

Hope she had insurance to drive it :)

Wasn't a woman :o was a guy the wife works with !! so the wifes pleased, think she already knew but didn't say anything <_< , car was insured as we all work for the same company and the car is insured for all employee's to drive. Can't belive how poor the picture is though !! no way would anyone be able to honestly say who is in the picture driving , can only tell its not the wife as she's about a foot shorter and doesn't wear a tie.

Guest fozzy2007
Had a fright today !! received a Notice of Intended Prosecution from Wiltshire police today for driving @88 on the M4 ! duly started to fill the for out accepting my bad speed judgement when the wife mentioned that she and a work colleague went past a van on a bridge last time they went down there and they may have been travelling to fast as my "road angel" had gone off when her colleague was driving. So to cut a long story short logged on to the safety camera site and sure enought wasn't me :D :D pictures are a bit fuzzy but it looks like her work colleague is up for 3 point and a fine.

what site do you log onto to view the speeding picture? never new about that.

Guest lansledj
Hang on. Have I got this right? You loaned your Hood to your partner and she let a male workmate go for a drive~?

NO WAY !! :blink: she can't even hold the keys !! let alone sit in the drivers seat !! was my tintop for work

NIP! Yes I got one a couple of weeks ago in Leicester, I could see the yellow cameras and white speed markers a few hundred yards away

and thought mmmmm 30 mph limit. I was just over and so decided to touch my brakes well before the white markers

and straight away another camera went off that works off 2 very thin hardly noticeable strips across the road (as i said earlier, well before the

white speed markers).

Anyway I got booked for 36mph, BUT, I have been given the option of paying £60 without the 3 points, as long as I attend a speed awareness

course, so not so bad.

Regarding speed control, I have heard that in Europe, (possibly parts of Spain) that when you get clocked by a speeding device it will change

the very next set of traffic lights to red and make you wait.

You dont get penalised apart from

a) Being even later for work than before.

B) Having a long queue of angry late motorists behind you.

I think that would work a treat, but some do say that here in the UK that they like extra revenue.

Dont know how true that is?????????

:unknw:

Guest lansledj
NIP! Yes I got one a couple of weeks ago in Leicester, I could see the yellow cameras and white speed markers a few hundred yards away

and thought mmmmm 30 mph limit. I was just over and so decided to touch my brakes well before the white markers

and straight away another camera went off that works off 2 very thin hardly noticeable strips across the road (as i said earlier, well before the

white speed markers).

Anyway I got booked for 36mph, BUT, I have been given the option of paying £60 without the 3 points, as long as I attend a speed awareness

course, so not so bad.

Regarding speed control, I have heard that in Europe, (possibly parts of Spain) that when you get clocked by a speeding device it will change

the very next set of traffic lights to red and make you wait.

You dont get penalised apart from

a) Being even later for work than before.

B) Having a long queue of angry late motorists behind you.

I think that would work a treat, but some do say that here in the UK that they like extra revenue.

Dont know how true that is?????????

:unknw:

Wiltshire also do the SAW (Safety Awareness Workshop) but at 88 in a 70 I don't know if they will offer him it ?

Guest minty

The Spanish traffic light trick really does work - as you enter a village if you're at 30 or less the lights (a little way down the road) stay green - the lights are on straight roads - not junctions - if you head on in too fast they just stop you in the middle of no-where ..........

Scary - that's a sensible use of cameras.

Unlike the stupid way they are abused in this country to raise money. This guy was driving too fast and obviously didn't see the van/camera so you've got to question how much attention he was paying to his surroundings. Did he slow down there and then? Now make the camera hugely visible and place it before a hazard (that's a novel idea isn't it). Surprise surprise people WILL slow down - but you won't catch as many and be able to make money out of them.

Nearly as good as what they seem to be doing with the speed limits on all the rural roads around here. How difficult is it to work out that the people who ended up spreading themselves and others across the scenery were the ones who ignored the national speed-limit or the prevailing weather conditions. Exactly what makes the authorities think that these same muppets will pay more attention if you drop the speed-limit to 30?

Iain