Remote Oil Filter

Al Milton

Hi All,

I know that some SS owners have fitted a remote oil filter to the Rover T series engine models. I have just had a quick search and couldn't see any details, I must have missed something I think.

If anyone has any details, suppliers, pipes, take-offs', or complete kit, that they would be willing to divulge, that would be great.

Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers

Al

Guest Jomeo69

Hey Al me again. lol

Dunno if its the same sort but i brought a remote oil filter take off plate for my zetec from the infamous Rally Design. Went up there and had a word with one of the blokes.

Take off plate hose, and new mount for filter cant have cost more than 45 quid. Although the hose that they gave me is remarkably tight and hard to get on but i guess i just need to put in more elbow grease if thats humanly possible. Give them a call tis probably easiest.

Joe

Guest gunslinger1976
Hi All,

I know that some SS owners have fitted a remote oil filter to the Rover T series engine models. I have just had a quick search and couldn't see any details, I must have missed something I think.

If anyone has any details, suppliers, pipes, take-offs', or complete kit, that they would be willing to divulge, that would be great.

Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers

Al

Hi Al

I can't help i'm afraid but I have the same problem!

If you get an answer I would love to know the parts list too.

Good luck, Nick

Hi all ,

Could someone tell me the "T" series engine cc or what model they are from as that would help identify the filter thread size you require for these kits , as i may well be able to sort something out at a good price i hope if a few require them.

Mike

Hi Mike,

The engine size is 2 ltr, 16v. I believe the engines were the same as installed into the Rover 820 and Coupe, but I may be wrong. I am sure that someone will throw more light on this.

I'm always up for a deal, so count me in if you turn up trumps. I'd be looking for a complete kit.

If you could work some magic, that would be great.

Cheers

Al

Hi Al , Thanks for that i can get back to him with that info , i thought that it might have been a 2ltr but its better to get ones facts right first , further to add i am speaking to two other possible suppliers they are peole i have dealt with in the past few months so we shall have to see what transpires in the next few days , will keep you informed .

Mike

Guest mreeves

I fitted a remote Kit to my superspec with Rover 2.0 T series engine.

All purchased from Think Automotive Ltd

www.thinkauto.com

+44 (0)20 8568 1172

Parts

TOPO1C 13/16 Male - sideports 27.99

RFH1C Filterhead L>R with 14mm T/O 18.06

You will also need hose which they can make up to the lengths you require.

As a Note if the bottom or you sump is lower than the oil filter it from an 820 if not its one of the others.

If you have an 820 sump change it and the oil pick up.

Regards

Matthew

Hi

I have spent the best part of 2 years and approached > 50 people and organissations about the heritage of the T series Engines in the superspecs.

Yes they are T series 2.0lt but they are european specs built for export spares, thats as close as I have come to identification, they are a mixture, and in some instances a hybrid, as stated yes the deep sump version was fitted to the 820 in the UK but it can be found in the 420 and 620 in export models!! An ex manufacturing manager from longbridge also told me that the early export 620's had an engine fault that meant they were being replaced under warrenty in europe with this deep sump type of T series.

The general agreemnt from people I have spoken to puts these engines as manufactured ... 1998/99/2000 the details were probably lost at longbridge as it closed, various ex longbridge managers said that manufacturing details on spares especially for export were not removed to the archive as the plant closed

The ECU's supplied as many have found are reconditioned units that should have been modified to remove the immobilizer code requirement again this fits with the export theory as Rovers exported to the US could not have the alarm fitted since it did not conform to the US specs. On a UK version the alarm/immobilizer ECU would have been fitted and mapped to the anti knock sensor to identify the engine block to the ECU.

I am still following up some possible avenues that could finally shed light on the Engine Block numbers to fully identify year of manufacture allowing the SVA emissions test to be carried out to the correct spec for the T series engine design rather that the generic test carried out since no absolute date can currently be proven.

Tony G

Thanks Tony, looks like you've done a fair bit of digging around and still have some way to go!!

It's always good to know the background history, especially if it helps out on the emmission test!

Cheers

Al

Hi All,

Update on the remote filter kits. Mike (Miikae) has worked some magic and come up with a kit on E-Bay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...:IT&ih=005s which works out at just under 74quid delivered. I have ordered one.

Mike has confirmed that the thread size is the same on the T series as the K series (13/16th) through his sources. Alternative options are:

Kit: RFK 1 Side Take Off Plate Pre-SDI kit

Parts:

TOPO1C 13/16 Male - sideports 27.99

RFH1C Filterhead L>R with 14mm T/O 18.06

You will also need hose which they can make up to the lengths you require.

Both kit and parts from Think Automotive (0208 568 1172) www.thinkauto.com retails at around 87 quid plus the VAT and delivery.

Thanks to Will, Matthew and Tony for their pointers, help and additional engine info and especially again to Mike for his help in finding the E-Bay kit and persevering in trying to get a deal from Think Auto.

Cheers

Al