Insurance Refused!

Guest fozzy2007

Guest shagster
Went for a phone quote today as mine is about to run out and the only detail i changed was my job description. Im now a high court enforcement officer (posh mans bailiff) and when i told the company this, they said that all companies have replied that they will NOT insure me as the job is too higher risk. The risk being that someone p***** off with me will take it out on my car. I cant believe it. just about finished 6 months of rebuild and now cant drive the thing.

So it looks like it going onto ebay now.

all it needs now is four new tyres and the windscreen washer bottle hooking up and its on for the mot

god, im actually rather upset!

Anyone know of any insurance companies that might do the job?????

Really in a pickle here

Thanks all

Rob

Rob mate, can you not insure it in the wifes name and put yourself down as second driver.

Guest timswait

Have you tried ringing around? I know that one broker will check with several insurance companies, but you can still try other brokers. When I moved up to Sheffield Roadsure refused to insure me, phoned up Adrian Flux and not only did they insure me, but for less money than I was paying Roadsure! Insurance companies seem to have laws unto themselves!

Guest fozzy2007

Hi, i will give a good ring around again as soon as i have time now. I have untill end of month so will ring around individual companies before then. Also just been told today that i am not a bailiff, im a High Court Enforcement Officer. Will see how it goes using that. But supposedly as a HCEO any damage to myself or my possesions as a result of my work are covered by the company insurance. But if i was a bailiff i would not get that. (only been doing the job a few weeks and while unofficially we are called bailiffs, i was assured that i am not one)

We will see

regards

Rob

P.S. if anyone ever has a problem with a bailiff or similar catagory of person, PM me and i will advise if i can (learnt lots of cool things in this job so far which would have been handy to know when i was young and flashing the plastic a little too much) :rolleyes:

Guest fozzy2007
when asked what your job is, you are a court official.................. end of story!

good thinking, will use that, as it is the truth.

Happy bunny now

Thanks,

Rob