Scrapheap Challenge

Guest mkeats02

Guest mkeats02

Hello all,

After watching scrapheap challenge, I was thinking that some of the experienced members of the club should represent RHOcar on the program....What d'ya think?!

Mike ;)

Guest TerryBarry

Sounds like a good idea.

At least this week both teams took the same approach.

I'd love to know how the programme is set up - they always seem to find suitable propellors (be it marine or airscrews) - I've never seen one in a scrappy.

Some of us might be ruled out if there is a time limit of less than two years :lol: .

Terry

I put together a team about 3 years ago, but we where seriously pushed for time to get our entry in, and conseqently didn't get picked - I'd be up for it again, and I can even melt to peices of metal together now (some call it welding, but not when you look at the mess I make!)

Matt, Terry, The programme is made at my local scrappy, Wokingham Car Spares in Bearwood Road. Close enough for you to take a look. Personally, I think some of the ''finds'' are planted there.

John.

I already did one and failed :( So perhaps someone ese should run one? I'd be happy join into a team...

John, it's obvious that some things are planted there - my understanding is that the expers submit ideas and things are put forward for it.

In case anyone wants details : http://www.channel4.com/science/microsites...crapheap/apply/ "This year we are encouraging the early bird with a deadline of 1 December 2003." EEEKKK better move fast if we want to do this!

All

Last week they built jet engines and tested them at Santa Pod :D :lol:

I'll be up for being the pilot...plenty of drag racing experience :(

But I couldn't design a jet engine....do we have any members with a surname of Whittle?

Dave

I'll be up for it if I can get the time off!

:D this is a greeaat idea id be up for it any time

the trouble is so would nearly everyone else

i think the decision of the team make up should be done on a name out of the hat basis

so new and old members all have a equal chance of sinking,drowning,beingblown up,etc :blink:

Guest nippykev

Any one remember the great egg race on the BBC?

Perhaps a mini challenge using simple materials could be organisied for one of the kit car shows.

Form teams and fight it out in a 2 hour challenge.

The winner represents the club.

Kevin

2b june 2003