Aeroscreens

Guest mizurage135

Guest mizurage135

Toying with the idea of fitting an aeroscreen instead of a windscreen on a sub k, wanted some feedback to wether practical or not on a car mainly for road use with the exception of hoodie track days. Do u have to use helmet all the time? what is driving a car on public roads with helmet like? All opinions welcome mike

Toying with the idea of fitting an aeroscreen instead of a windscreen on a sub k, wanted some feedback to wether practical or not on a car mainly for road use with the exception of hoodie track days. Do u have to use helmet all the time? what is driving a car on public roads with helmet like? All opinions welcome mike

thought the idea of an open top sports car was to get the wind in your hair and the bugs in ya teeth, LOL

not to hide inside a crash helmet, personally i think people look stupid on the open road with them on

Edited by lotusseven7

Guest mizurage135
thought the idea of an open top sports car was to get the wind in your hair and the bugs in ya teeth, LOL

not to hide inside a crash helmet, personally i think people look stupid on the open road with them on

use of helmet only as protection from flying stones with aeroscreen only

Hi,

I put aero screens on my 2b, you do get the wind in your face and on a motorway it can be quiet severe , so i always keep a helmet in the car use it on longer faster runs and don,t on the shorter runs. mainly as i don,t wish to be shot by any debris.

Having rode bikes for 19years i,m use to helmets its no different in the car to the bike.

I prefer aero screens i,m in a tin top day in day out so the more different the better at weekends if you are anywhere near come out in mine and see what you think. Svc supplied mine.

Dan

Havn`t used a bike helmet yet, but i know that after maybe 1.5 hours motorway driving, or like in

the picture.. 14 minutes in February. I would be happier with one.

I personally think an aeroscreen adds excitement to the experience, though after a while I do get knackered.

Originally I wanted to go for screens and side screens but now I wouldnt change it.

This time of year (rain not included) Good sunglasses, and lightweight jacket under the seat is ample

post-2933-1212786172_thumb.jpg

i have driven with an aero screen and with a full screen , i prefer with full screen as said the debris hurts and you are realy nackered afrer an hour or so with aeroscreen , with or withought a helmet ,

but i am getting on a bit !

regards graham

I am running the brooklands aero screens on my Sub-K, sort of halfway house really between a full screen and the style you are looking at, pics in garage, videos on link in signature strip, you can get down in the seat and look out through the glass at higher speeds but generally I am looking over them, few flies in the face but not very many and OK to around 80 with just glasses on. B)

• 2 weeks later...