Woody's Weekend - Aka Smallways

BigLee

The Saturday Run.

I'll put a few runs into my Tom Tom. North, East, South & West. Then we can look at the weather forcast Saturday morning and decide. If fuel gets any more expensive we could be sitting at a driving simulator on the laptop!

I've got a bit of evening entertainment planned. "Who can send a water powered rocket the furthest" competition. I'll provide the launch equipment and water bottle rockets. Prize for the rocket that goes the furthest. I suggest you all look here for clues on how to get a good flight.

http://www1.ast.leeds.ac.uk/~knapp/rockets/

Steve.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Colin

[

Hi Lee,

I will be there, weather permitting on Saturday for a visit, dont know many Hoodies around this area so hope to put a few faces to names, first gathering for me since passed SVA in Jan this year.

Cheers

Colin

Hi Colin,

Just looked at your profile, and you enjoy a good night out drinking, :drinks: :drinks: so Smallways is the place Good food too, duck is excellent, grab a tent and camp over, you wont get a good nights sleep, but you will get a good night drinking, theres a B+B next door but its £70 a room and brekkie wasnt brill last year, red 7 found a cafe down the road which may get my custom this year, he looked like he enjoyed it from all the egg on his face :lol:

Oh, And you maybe surprised how many of the hoods are not local!!!, they are out there but this weekend gets more Geordies (thats upset the Durham lot :spiteful: ) Lancashire lads (and Lassies :yahoo: ) and a sprinkling from Yorkshire, well Bradford :lol:

See you there,

Mitch

Sits back and waits for the flak from the Geordies and the yorkies

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Paul Morgan

Lee/Steve,

What time will the run start on Saturday? It's going to take me just over 2 hrs to get up there so I want to see waht time i need to set off in the morning to make it in time for the run.

Paul

I'd say about 10.30 for the run. If any one is travelling up and wants to ring me if they are delayed ring my mobile on zero seven nine zero nine 543 042. I wont come round before at least 10 o'clock (ish ) !!!!! Must remember to take aspirin. :D Looking forward to it.

Lads,

We will see what weather we get on Saturday morning before deciding which way we are going. If we aim to set off at 11am that should see everyone at Smallways with A full tank of gas before we set off please. In previous years we have clocked up a 100 miles on the saturday run with a gas station at the halfway point. :D There is a shortage of gas stations close to Smallways and we have caused chaos in Barnard Castle for the last two meets! :o The nearest petrol station is at Scotch corner 7 miles east of Smallways. Yes, the cafe a mile or so west of the Smallways is excellent for breakfast.

Guest petespine

Might need aspirin myself, Daryl`s not coming to keep an eye on me this year, might have a mate with me, if so will definately need aspirin

I've spotted this on the internet:-

The 43rd Masham Steam Engine and Fair Organ Rally ~ held on the 19th & 20th July 2008

Come and see what’s made us famous

for all of 43 years

We open the ring entertainment at 12.30pm on Saturday with the Grand Parade featuring Steam Engines , Miniature Engines, Tractors, Steam cars, Classic and vintage cars, land rovers old and new.

Anyone interested?

Guest shaggy
I've spotted this on the internet:-

The 43rd Masham Steam Engine and Fair Organ Rally ~ held on the 19th & 20th July 2008

Come and see what’s made us famous

for all of 43 years

We open the ring entertainment at 12.30pm on Saturday with the Grand Parade featuring Steam Engines , Miniature Engines, Tractors, Steam cars, Classic and vintage cars, land rovers old and new.

Anyone interested?

Interested, but it would have to be free entry of course.......

Guest shaggy

Anyone travelling up on the Friday from Edinburgh area?

I'll be setting off from Wooler around 3 ish so if anyone wants company on-route, let me know.

Si