Smiths Gauges

Mitch

Hi All

Im about to start making a new dash. I have managed to get some smiths gauges (Dolomite) from E-Bay.

Does anyone know which senders (temp and Oil press) i need to use to match the gauges. and has any one got a wiring diagram for the dolly warning light cluster,(the round multi function type one)

Cheers

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

I've got two of those light clusters and they are very very simple to take apart. If you do this you'll see that the pins are just connected to the approporiate bulbs - there's no rocket science involved. I can tell you also that mine are different (for example, one has a single flasher indicator, the other has left/right).

As to your other questions, well, I'm interested too though I believe they've already been addressed - you'd need to do a search to find out what others have done.

JonB

Guest Battery Bill

Hi Mitch

As Jon says its easy wiring up the cluster, just take the back off and look where the wires go. The only bit I did wrong at first was I used the Multiple connection as an earth and it should be live! I only found that out when I came to wire up the handbrake and realised there was no power coming from anywhere Doh.

We have now go an adaptor to suit our oil sender which slots into the block and you can fit the electrical sender and a capilliary tube for the guage. (Thanks Big Jim).

How much did you pay for them? You probably said before but i forgot.

Guest paul_wilts

I had one of those before i scrapped the dash in favour of my own custon one.

I found it simple enough when i rewired the car to simply test each wire in turn and see what lights up, and from there mark each wire up ready. this is also how i sussed the whole of the steering column controls ( dolly ) which meant i could scrap the whole wiring harness in favour of tidier custom wiring.