Fitting The Rh Horn

Guest jwts

Hi,

I'm finishing off the wiring in my SuperSpec and went to fit the airhorn RH supply. When I looked at the instruction sheet it said the horn needed a 30 amp supply which I thought was a mistake but just to be on the safe side I connected it to a battery and measured the current it draws. It draws over 20 amps!

The brown wire that emerges from the loom at the point indicated on the wiring diagram for the horn supply is very thin, I would estimate no more than 5 amp. Right next to it is the stub of a 30 amp cable (see pic, thin cable coiled)),

post-2794-1221849306_thumb.jpg

Could someone have made a mistake when making the loom and chopped off the heavy cable and left the thin one?

If the thin cable is correct, have you used it for the horn supply?

John.

I fitted a relay, if you have a look through the photos I gave you, you will see it near to where I fitted the chassis plate

Will

I am fitting a relay but the thin wire is supposed to carry the SUPPLY to the relay, the switching signal comes via two other wires (which incidentally are both thicker than the coiled wire in the picture).

I'm becoming sure that what I have is a mistake and the thicker wire was meant to be the supply.

Thanks for the suggestions,

John (jwts).