Rh S3

Guest spdpug98

Guest spdpug98

I am still looking at buying a Robin Hood but have not made much progress, I may be going to look at a S3 in the next week or so and was wondering if there is anything I should look out for that is particular to the S3 and what I should look at in general

I like the series 7 & 3 sierra based cars.

Main areas:

- As with any kit, check build quality

- Moncocque construction: Check for cracks around the front suspension rocker area and bulkhead areas - Most will have been modified by now.

- Suspension requires work to get the best from the car.

Do a search on here and all will be revealed.

Guest salty_monk

Mainly chassis cracks as above & build quality are two main issues. Some of the older cars like these won't have been through SVA just MOT so that makes them more likely to be badly built in my opinion. Should be fairly obvious though... :)

Guest spdpug98

Thanks for the replies, I spent the whole of last night seraching the forums and found loads of information....Cheers :D

But, I still have some concerns...are the S3 really as bad as the posts make out with craking chassis etc or is it just small issue that can be repaired and once repaired the problem goes away. Just concerned that I may be letting myself in for something that will always give me problems

Guest salty_monk

Yes I certainly wouldn't pass one up if it came up at the right price. As well as being lighter the suspension setup appears to be better on some of those models too (the 3A I think with the shocks inside the bonnet).

Nigel's goes very well & I would say the driving experience is very similar to driving the 2b.

Dan :)

Guest Paul Kirby

I chose the 3A because it is smaller and sleeker than the 2Bs and Exmos. I am 6'2" and the wrong side of 15 stone and fit easily!

Don't be put off by reports of cracking as mine is fine, but DO look carefully for any such faults.

Paul