Shocking Front Shocks

Guest peter sanderson

Guest peter sanderson

Anyone had a problem with series 3 front shocks?

I was out for a drive yesterday when one came apart (Big bang!). Seems the top eye unscrewed from the shaft. I've screwed it back in and locked it but not sure I trust it anymore.

Bit surprised to see the cost of new units (£360+). Does anyone know of somewhere that sells cheap units?

Also any ideas on what models to look at on the commercial sites, as I'm not sure what will fit.

Guest chris brown
Anyone had a problem with series 3 front shocks?

I was out for a drive yesterday when one came apart (Big bang!). Seems the top eye unscrewed from the shaft. I've screwed it back in and locked it but not sure I trust it anymore.

Bit surprised to see the cost of new units (£360+). Does anyone know of somewhere that sells cheap units?

Also any ideas on what models to look at on the commercial sites, as I'm not sure what will fit.

It sounds like your using zeemeride coilovers, They are well known for there habit of failing they were never intended to be coilovers in the first place and are just normal shocke sheeved to take springs. Try doing a search for Gaz or Avo you should find some much cheaper than £360. I have Gaz which I think cost less than £200.

Remove one of the front shocks. remove the spring. You need to measure the damper's length fully extended, centre of top eye to centre of bottom eye, its length fully closed, again eye to eye and the internal diameter of the spring around it. This last will be either 1.9 or 2.25 inches.

So you end up with three figures, eg. 14" open, 10" closed and 1.9".

Then order from GAZ, AVO or whoever.

Nigel

Guest Getting There

Hi

Dont know if these are any good. I have 4 gaz shocks, brand new with 300lb springs, same as zemeride jobbies, and am open to offers. Will put an add in the for sale section.

Cheers

Chris